Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC not powering on

keiheric

I purchased a CTB16PC this past fall. When I received, I tested and everything seemed to work great. I built my setup, plugged in all my lights, then plugged in the controller. There was an LED flashing light at the top once plugged in. I inserted the RJ45 cable into the adaptor, then into the USB plug on my laptop. Using the hardware utility, it found the controller at COMM3. I went to test the lights, and could not get anything to come on. The blinking LED light was no longer blinking. I unplugged the adaptor and RJ-45, still no blinking light. I checked the outlet - still works. I tried on a different circuit, still no blinking light. I put the jumper on pins 5 and 6 to reset, still no blinking light. I exchanged the two fuses in the controller, still no blinking light.

When connected to hardware utility, it says it cannot find controller, and asks to verify it is on and connected. It is connected, but not powering on. Any other thoughts?

Is the CTB configured with 1 power cord or 2?  If it's two, do you have both plugged into verified working outlets (if they are outdoor outlets on GFI's, make sure the GFI isn't tripped).  I'd also verify the fuses with a volt/ohm meter to insure they are still good.  If you've got one power cord then I'd verify that the hot and neutral jumpers on the board are still attached and good.  I might also test the power cord(s) to insure they are still good (test each wire for continuity with the volt/ohm meter - with them unplugged of course :))

If after all of that you still don't have a flashing LED light then I would open a ticket with the help desk.  Make sure to completely describe all of the troubleshooting you've already done.

Keep in mind, if the unit has two plugs the plug on the right that powers channels 9-16 also powers the board. If it was converted to a single plug then ensure you are getting power to both sides especially the right side.

• The topic was locked