Light-O-Rama Forums

contact closure

Dr. Jones

I have heard there is going to be a new control board from LOR. Will this board also have contact closure capabilities?

I need cc's to control aspects of my display, in the past I have used relays.

Yes the new DIO32 does have a (electromechanical relay) option so you will be able to use it in applications that require contacts.

Dan,

I've seen the DIO32 talked about a bit. I know how release dates get people in trouble, but what ballpark are we in for the DIO32?

Is there a chance for this season, or are we in the next year, 2 years range?

-Steve

DanglinModifiers wrote:

Dan,

I've seen the DIO32 talked about a bit. I know how release dates get people in trouble, but what ballpark are we in for the DIO32?

Is there a chance for this season, or are we in the next year, 2 years range?

-Steve

Sometime in August 2008 is the goal.

Dan

I was hoping the DIO32 would be ready for the sale :(:(. Dan is Safe to believe we will have these new boards and daughter cards in time for Halloween? With these new hardware soon to be released will we have more input capability?

Donald Puryear wrote:

I was hoping the DIO32 would be ready for the sale :(:(. Dan is Safe to believe we will have these new boards and daughter cards in time for Halloween? With these new hardware soon to be released will we have more input capability?

Last year, Dan offered the iDMX1000 and the DC card during the sale even though they were not immediately available. He still put them on sale for later delivery and your credit card was not charged until they were shipped. Somewhere, I think he said these would be available in late summer. You should know in another week for sure.

Edit to add: Last year, Dan also had the ad up on the internet a few days before the sale started for everyone to review. So, like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to arrive, patience, patience, patience. We will all know very soon what Santa Dan has in his bag.