Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16pc gen2 channel

TheDucks

Last evening I looked at my security camera and saw a string of lights on when it should have not.

The show setup under test, was shut down the previous night (and they were out). The show PC was turned off.

I removed power (both), waited 10, plugged back in, those lights. Restarted PC, HU, I can Twinkle,shimmer, or on full.

this channel just never goes below 1/2 bright.

Any ideas what went south?

15 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Triac has gone bad.

I guess it is not a direct short. 

The failure is out of the blue. a string of 5 pathway pumpkins (mini lights) sure did not overload it :)

For now, I will just not use that channel. S&H would be a killer on a single triac (or 2)

10 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I guess it is not a direct short. 

The failure is out of the blue. a string of 5 pathway pumpkins (mini lights) sure did not overload it :)

For now, I will just not use that channel. S&H would be a killer on a single triac (or 2)

If you have any basic soldering skills you can replace it yourself. Contact the helpdesk and they will normally send you a triac. Or, you can pack it up and ship it back and LOR will fix it.

I keep 5-6 triacs and 5-6 mosfets along with quick blow fuses in my repair kit just for situations like this.

• The topic was locked