Light-O-Rama Forums

Losing saved Preview File - transferring with thumb drive

Dennis75

I am working with two computers. 

I am doing my pixel editor programming on my laptop saving it to a thumb drive.  While programming on my laptop I made some updates to my preview setup.  When I transfer the Thumb drive to my other computer, and open it up I lose all of the updated preview information.  It automatically reverts back to the previews that are already on that computer and not the one from the thumb drive(or laptop).  The newly saved preview that I made on the thumb drive doesn't even come up as an option.  Anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks,

Dennis

Thanks, I wish that would helped.  But it didn't.  I did a search for PORpreviews.xml files and couldn't find anything. 

The only thing I can think of would be to manually update the preview in the other computer to match.  But I'm sure there must be an easier way.

The answer is different for S4 and S5. 

For S4, it is all in a single file: "\Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\LORPixelEditorData.xml"

For S5, you need to copy all files in this directory: "\Light-O-Rama\CommonData"

Matt

Thanks Matt, I was just going to reply that saving the LORPixelEditorData.xml file did the trick and you confirmed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem- I move from one computer to the next and the preview info doesn't follow... I tried copying and pasting the LORPixelEditorData.xml file and it doesn't see the correct prop view- I lose my groups....

Help would be much appreciated! Cin-

Edited by CindyChinn

1 hour ago, CindyChinn said:

I'm having a similar problem- I move from one computer to the next and the preview info doesn't follow... I tried copying and pasting the LORPixelEditorData.xml file and it doesn't see the correct prop view- I lose my groups....

Have you double-checked - by comparing the size and time-stamps on the source and destination files?

Which version of LOR software are you running?

Matt

Hi Matt-
Yes I have- about 20 times... I would think that I would have done it correctly at least one of those time ;) I've gone both ways too... I'm missing something.
save the preview-
save the intensity file ( though I don't need that, for what I'm trying to do?)-
save the preview design-
copy all related files ...
New-Test-run.las.pe.lid- 
New-Test-run.las.lsv
New-Test-run.lpe
New-Test-run.las
LORPixelEditorData.xml
prop_export.lpeprop

Move those to the folders that they should be in... still they do not match and my group settings are not there...
What step am I missing? :( 

Version 4.3.24

Thanks, Cin-

On 11/4/2017 at 4:08 AM, CindyChinn said:

Update- I reinstalled LOR and it started working like expected- I can move forward again! YAY!!!!

Thanks-

i am having the same issue. I copied the LORPixelEditorData.xml from one pc and place on my laptop and pixel editor is not recognizing the file. I may try uninstalling as well. 

12 hours ago, asl9622 said:

i am having the same issue. I copied the LORPixelEditorData.xml from one pc and place on my laptop and pixel editor is not recognizing the file. I may try uninstalling as well. 

Did you get it working? 
Now Listener is crashing.... sigh, it's always something!

1) Reboot your computer

2) If the LOR Control Panel is set to start automatically, close it (right-click on the LOR light bulb in the system tray, then select "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the menu).

3) Uninstall Light-O-Rama (use the Windows Control Panel for Windows 7 and below; Settings > Apps for Windows 10).

4) If you have pinned any of the LOR programs to the start menu or the task bar, make sure they are gone. If not, then delete them manually.

5) If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, verify that the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama" directory no longer exists. If it is still there, delete it manually. If you are running 32-bit Windows, check that "C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama" no longer exists.

6) Reboot your computer

7) Install desired version

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 1:37 AM, MattBrown said:

1) Reboot your computer

2) If the LOR Control Panel is set to start automatically, close it (right-click on the LOR light bulb in the system tray, then select "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the menu).

3) Uninstall Light-O-Rama (use the Windows Control Panel for Windows 7 and below; Settings > Apps for Windows 10).

4) If you have pinned any of the LOR programs to the start menu or the task bar, make sure they are gone. If not, then delete them manually.

5) If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, verify that the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama" directory no longer exists. If it is still there, delete it manually. If you are running 32-bit Windows, check that "C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama" no longer exists.

6) Reboot your computer

Unistall, reinstall... (sigh) again... I'll let you know if that works... thanks, trying it now.

On 11/7/2017 at 1:37 AM, MattBrown said:

1) Reboot your computer

6) Reboot your computer

I have un-installed and re-installed twice and listener still crashes in PE while controlling lights. Though it doesn't crash in SE... Any ideas why?

On 11/19/2017 at 11:23 PM, CindyChinn said:

I have un-installed and re-installed twice and listener still crashes in PE while controlling lights. Though it doesn't crash in SE... Any ideas why?

Please create a ticket with the LOR help desk. In the ticket, please mention that you have already un-installed and re-installed multiple times.

http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

Matt