Light-O-Rama Forums

2 PixCon16's in DMX mode through a router

CindyChinn

I am totally lost here... I am trying to setup 2 PixCon 16 controller as DMX through a router. I can see the controllers in the PixCon16 config, I can test them and they work. But I can't control them through the software.
I have setup each port to have a unique universe... etc.

I can't get past #17... where both lights stay solid :( 
17.  E1.31: Do not disconnect anything. 

• Both LEDs should be SOLID ON. 
    Do not continue until they are.

Can someone give me some direction to head next? Thanks!

Through? As your computer is on the WAN side and the PixCon are on the LAN (w/wo DHCP) side?

I think all setups expect you to be on the Same subnet as the devices.

the computer is dedicated with the router plugged into the networking card via a CAT5 cable from a lan port (not the wan port)... on its own LAN... using static IPs.... an island unto itself... ?

I don't really know what I'm doing but I have gotten this far! :D 
Might be something in the router settings? the boards lights stay on when I connect a board directly... 

Some of my windows are just under 500 so I thought that true DMX through a router was the best choice... I'M SO CLOSE!!!! I just don't know where to look for problems now.

Edited by CindyChinn

I mis-spoke earlier- the two lights never stay fully on- the status light always blinks-

the Listener sees all of the universes but when I open anything, like the sequence editor and assign universes then run a show- it accepts the connection then just sits there.... Is that what it's supposed to do?

could REALLY use some help with this or more information on getting control of the lights... 

• The topic was locked