Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie to CCR and Pixels

daddyalj

Just now, daddyalj said:

Yes I do have the red High Speed adapter for the pixel tree network. The new Pixel tree is the only thing on that network.

image.png

image.png

Sorry about the pictures ...... I was trying to respond to the other post and it went with your reply 

18 minutes ago, default said:

I am using the S5 Beta version, so my screenshot of the Prop Definition is a little different but the info you need is here.

Enter the Network as Aux A, and enter the First Unit as 07, with the "Enter channel on first row, auto number the rest" button clicked, it will fill in the rest for you. Now your prop will be setup up, and time to start testing.

Make sure you have Control Panel running, the adapter and controller plugged in, and "Control Lights" on in Sequence Editor. Create a test sequence in Sequence Editor and press play button.

Alan...

(I am doing a Honey-Do project atm, so I'll check back in when I can)

tree1.png

I think I have the same settings as you do here. One thing on my settings that is not on yours is where it asks about the sequence method.

7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Do you have the second USB485 adapter, preferably the red high speed one, for the second network?

Check the Network Preferences, click on the LOR Tab and set  Aux A comm port and speed.

Thank you for mentioning this, I had forgot it.

Alan...

Edited by default

1 minute ago, daddyalj said:

I think I have the same settings as you do here. One thing on my settings that is not on yours is where it asks about the sequence method.

That is a difference between the Beta version I am using, and S4, what you are using. I don't remember what the choices are for S4. If you are going to sequence with PE, then leave yours as is.

Alan...

7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Do you have the second USB485 adapter, preferably the red high speed one, for the second network?commCheck the Network Preferences, click on the LOR Tab and set  Aux A comm port and speed.

I went back to the network preferences tab and I have Aux A set to enhanced network Comm 4     500.0K LOR fastest. When I went in to look, it said port (none) I know I had set that earlier today , but I set it to comm 4 again.

There is the option to export this from this page, should I? and where would I export it to?

1 minute ago, default said:

That is a difference between the Beta version I am using, and S4, what you are using. I don't remember what the choices are for S4. If you are going to sequence with PE, then leave yours as is.

Alan...

Options are Pixel editor and Sequencer editor. Is one better than the other? pretty igorant so far about the pixel editor.....

***** UPDATE*****

Ok, After all of your great help, I went back to the Pixel editor and created a new sequence, selected the control lights, selected the butterfly effect and just added about 30 seconds worth and hit play.
Lights on the tree came on! That's a big win so far !
Now I have to find out how to add to my existing sequences.......
Thanks for all of the help from the both of you :)

15 minutes ago, daddyalj said:

There is the option to export this from this page, should I? and where would I export it to?

Glad you got it working, Happy Sequencing :D

There are circumstances where this is handy to have a few different configs. For now you are fine with what you have. I would export what you have and name it "all Units" or something similar, just so you have your current config saved.

Now that you are adding Controllers and Networks to your show, I would really recommend that you create some sort of cheat sheet to keep track of what your setup consist of. Here is a sample of what I did.

LOR%20Comm%20Ports%2011_14_17a.png

The next time you add a controller, you will have probably will have forgotten what you have set up today. Something like this, helps you to remember at a glance what your setup consist of. Remember your Pixie8 will use 8 Unit ID's starting at 7. The Unit ID's are number in a hexadecimal format. This means (as Mr. P pointed out) they will be numbered like this " 7, 8, 9, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E ". This makes your last controller OE, and your next controller will be OF. This is why this ready reference cheat sheet will come in handy.

Alan...

You all were great ! Thanks again for all of the help. I was feeling pretty dejected there for a while. Now I feel great and realize what work I have to do to get somewhat caught up to start playing music next Thursday. I will think of you all when the lights are on. It is so nice to know there is help here when you jump off the deep end and try to learn to swim!!!
I will make a spread sheet for sure. Thanks for the example and something to follow. You must know me better than I thought when you said I would forget what I did today when next year come around! I have a really good memory ...... it's just short :)

Have a great day!

Alan Jones

• The topic was locked