Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost in PE.

SFC SKI

can not figure out PE. Created a sequence in pe. Imported extisting musical sequence from SE. props work. Save pe. Save intensity file. Then what? If I open se I don't see new files. If I migrate prop channels from se into pe then save again. Now what? How do I control the pixel tree? 

I can add a device into se, make it a pixie8 and sequence/control the tree from se. 

Bit I can not control the pixel tree from pe or get any pe info into se. Please help. I know SStar and have a sequences from that in my shows but pe is kicking my butt. 

I can now see the pe props on the bottom of my SE. (Some progress). I have the pixel tree connected but I can not control the lights with either program. Version 4.3.18 pro. 

I can control pix tree with HU and with another SE sequence that has pixel device/channels  

can I control the tree from PE or only watch the preview?

Ok so my pix controller is 20. 

What should the pe/ prop definition channel assignment look like?

8 strings 50 nodes 1 fold. 

Unit #on pe separate for each string  20-27

But my pixel controller is only set to 20. 

Is this my error? 

I don't use a pixie 8 so I don't know how to set it up but if you can't turn lights on with the pixel editior than you probably don't have the channels set up properly 

45 minutes ago, SFC SKI said:

Unit #on pe separate for each string  20-27

But my pixel controller is only set to 20. 

Is this my error? 

Might be; the best way to check would be to isolate the issues. I usually get everything working from the Hardware Utility before I jump into adding it and/or programming with it in the SE/PE.

Work on setting up your device in the Hardware Utility; there should be settings for making each output its own unit ID, as well as condensing them.   There's a special pixie setup window of the HU, and you can find more detailed instructions in the user manual.  See what you can do with that, then get back to us with more specifics.  See if you can't test them in the HU before heading to the PE.

I'm an idiot. Just finished the help page. Wasn't running enhanced on my network. It now works in pe. Enough for today, I'm going home. Yes, my Christmas computer is at my office.  Lol. I'm a Used car dealer, retired army. What field?? Communications. Lol. Thanks again guys. 

24 minutes ago, SFC SKI said:

I'm an idiot. Just finished the help page. Wasn't running enhanced on my network. It now works in pe. Enough for today, I'm going home. Yes, my Christmas computer is at my office.  Lol. I'm a Used car dealer, retired army. What field?? Communications. Lol. Thanks again guys. 

Did you check enhanced network?  :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Did you check enhanced network?  :lol:

Darn Army guys anyway. LOL:lol:

JR

Edited by dibblejr