Light-O-Rama Forums

16 CCR II Ribbon Tree

jmraider

I have been using LOR products since 2010.   My system seems to grow every year.  I currently have all my sequences set to  Seven 1600xx controlers,  2 CCR controllers, 1 50 bulb CCB controller. See my YouTube site for my display.  I purchased at the spring sale a CCR II 16 ribbon tree with its own controller.  Does anyone know of YouTube channel that can help me understand the programming.  Do I just program this controller the same way I have programed my CCR controls and add the controller at the end of my current sequences?   Will super star sequence do auto sequence that I can just cut and paste into my current set.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I think I will have a sharp learning curve. 

Thanks

Jim

Keep one thing in mind when programming your Pixcon16 or Pixie16 that I think a lot of users don't understand. These controllers use 16 Unit IDs, one for each port. When you program the controller you will enter one starting Unit ID only and the others will be assigned automatically consecutively.

So, if you assign Unit ID 1 to the controller it will actually use 1-10 (first 16 IDs) so ensure that those IDs are not assigned to something else. Also remember that LOR Unit IDs "DO NOT GO NUMERICALLY". If you assign Unit ID 10 it will not go 10-25 (16 IDs) it will actually go 10-1F. Or if you assign Unit ID 8 it will go 8-17.

Channel reference:

Unit IDs.JPG

Edited by Mr. P

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Also remember that LOR Unit IDs "DO NOT GO NUMERICALLY".

Actually they are perfectly numerically - HOWEVER, it counts in Hexadecimal, NOT in decimal.  With that said,  Mr. P's point is that if you expect Unit ID 10 to be right after Unit ID 09, you will find things not working the way you expect.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Actually they are perfectly numerically - HOWEVER, it counts in Hexadecimal, NOT in decimal.  With that said,  Mr. P's point is that if you expect Unit ID 10 to be right after Unit ID 09, you will find things not working the way you expect.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

I am trying to keep it simple for those who count on fingers and toes  :D   For most of them 10 comes after 9.

• The topic was locked