Light-O-Rama Forums

CF50D issue / malfunction

Darryl Lambert

I purchased 2 - 50W floods in the summer sale. I went to try them out & only 1 works. I can see 1 of them in the HU. I haven't contacted LOR yet. I've connected each one separately  but HU can only see the one. Now for the interesting bit. When I plug in the one that the HU cannot see it starts to cycle RGBW over & over. This behavior is similar to other DMX devices I own when there is no DMX signal detected. I am reluctant to remove the back cover, to reset it, as it states in the manual that the flood might not be waterproof after doing so.

So I guess my questions are: Is there another way to reset it without taking off the back cover? Or is there other things I can do to troubleshoot this? 

• 1 month later...

I've removed and replaced the cover on a CF50D without compromising the waterproof integrity of the seal.  If you are very careful, and follow the instructions to the letter,  there's no reason it should be a problem.  Having said that though, your issue sounds to me more like something for the tech wizards at LOR to address; I had a similar issue with an undetectable CCR controller that turned all its channels on, and had to send it back to the mother ship for repair. They reset the firmware internally somehow, and all was right in the world after that.

I purchased 3 50 watt floods in the Mad Grab sale. I only had 1 of the 3 that the HU could detect. Opened a help ticket and was told 1 out of three was possible but failure of 2 out of three was nearly "impossible"!  They, however, issued a pickup for the 2 that didn't work because I "insisted" on replacing them. Haven't heard back yet!

• The topic was locked