Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's lagging

Bill P

I am working on a problem with 12 CCR's for a friend.   The problem is while  playing back a sequence the sequence will start lagging as well as the lights but the music plays on. Meaning  the timing bar that goes across the screen in the sequence editor will  stutter and lag as well as the lights on the Ribbons  but it to music keeps going.

if I unplug the RS 485 adapter sequence editor runs normal.  I have tried both the low-end adapter and the adapter with the voltage boost and both do the same thing.

what are my other options?

Edited by Bill P

Subscribed to follow this.

Nice talking with you on the phone. Yep, interesting.

1/2 of what you are experiencing I have posted here before however I have never seen it run for 1-2 minutes.

Unfortunately for us S4 users they probably will not delve to deep into this problem with the integration of S5.

JR

17 minutes ago, Bill P said:

I am working on a problem with 12 CCR's for a friend.   The problem is while  playing back a sequence the sequence will start lagging as well as the lights but the music plays on. Meaning  the timing bar that goes across the screen in the sequence editor will  stutter and lag as well as the lights on the Ribbons  but it to music keeps going.

if I unplug the RS 485 adapter sequence editor runs normal.  I have tried both the low-end adapter and the adapter with the voltage boost and both do the same thing.

what are my other options?

How many networks are you running with those 12 CCRs?  What is the network(s) speed?

Just now, George Simmons said:

How many networks are you running with those 12 CCRs?  What is the network(s) speed?

i just figured it out.  it was the network speed

11 minutes ago, Bill P said:

i just figured it out.  it was the network speed

What speed are you running?

If you're running 115K that might still be problematic in places where the sequencing is more dynamic, or in spots where there might be heavy use of color morphs.  For best (and most reliable) results with 12 CCRs, it should be either 500K (needs high speed adapter) or split off into two 115K networks.

• The topic was locked