Light-O-Rama Forums

iDMX Non Fuctioning

zman

I should have left well enough alone.

Earlier this evening the iDMX was functioning properly with the ID set to E0. Sample sequences were working fine. I was setting up a more robust sequence for the PNW Mini, and thought I would muck with adjusting the ID to bring it in some (I just hate having to wait several minutes when the Hardware Console searches for units). I attempted to bring it in some, and set the ID to 1A.

The Hardware Console said that it could not change the hardware ID. I know I attempted this in Jan or Feb and decided against when it failed then, but it was a different ID then. Now the unit will not respond. I can't get it to work with the original ID of E0, nor the attempted new ID of 1A.

I attempted to do the reset, hopeing that it would reset the unit to E0. No go. There is a solid LED when the Hardware console or Sequence Editor initiates. I attempted 2 computers, and swapped out the USB485B to see if it was something there. Still no go.

The Hardware console was finding the unit before, and now is not finding any unit even though the LED is solid. Using the iDMX console, I can't get either light that was working earlier to work now just with the console.

Hints?

Try setting the unit ID using the "ANY" value for the Old Unit ID.

Set Old Unit ID to "ANY"

Set New Unit ID to "E0"

Then change the unit ID.

Dan

Thanks Dan, that did the trick. I forget that there is that "ANY" option. I am concerned though that attempting to change the ID on these is causing problems. Is this a known issue? Like I said the only reason for WANTING to change the ID is to shorten the time on the Network Search for units.

Out of curiosity, why is it that it appears that I can change the ID to a numeric number 1-99, but any Hex that is 0A, 1A, 2A etc,... it can not change the ID. But it works for A0, B0, E0 etc,.....

Seems to be a undocumented feature :D (or a bug)

Seems as if it does not like to be set to a value that does not end in a 0. We will look into it.

Thanks Dan, good to know that it was not some Operator Error feature, which for me, I can't always rule out. :D

• The topic was locked