Light-O-Rama Forums

Tapper Wizard

michael.farney

Ever wonder how to tame the tapper wizard? Staring at a blank grid and don't know where to start? Does the thought of building a musical sequence for the first time make you nervous? Grab a coffee, pull up a chair, and take an hour long journey building a sequence from a blank grid.

This is my first time releasing such a large tutorial, so please let me know if you have difficulties playing or accessing the file. Slower connections may need to download it first, which could take a few hours or longer depending on your connection speed. Please don't hestitate to make suggestions how I can make delivery easier. I am a little concerned file size will make this impossible to view on slower connections.

The compression on the video sometimes makes the audio and video go out of sync, so bear this in mind when my comments don't match the results you see in the video.

http://lightoramasequences.com/content/view/49/47/

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Michael,

I'm new to this so your work is helping me out. There is nothing like learning from experience.

With all the help here my display might actually look like something rather than a pile of short circuiting lights:)

Great job on the tutorial!

Mark

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If the connection is not fast enough, you'll get an error or bad file box. Right click and save the file to your computer, that should work. I can't remember the last time I was able to open a wmv file from it's location, I always have to save them. Hope that works for you.

redsea300 wrote:

Is this link still good.I could not get it to work. Don C.

I just tested it and I am able to load the video on broadband. Try downloading it directly to your computer using the SAVE AS option as mentioned by bisquit476.

Good Luck!! :)

Thanks it must have been my server. I tried again when i got home and it loaded just fine. Thanks everyone. I think it is still easier to put in timing marks just by listening at 1/2 speed and installing them in a beat channel. That is how i did all my songs last year.

redsea300 wrote:

I think it is still easier to put in timing marks just by listening at 1/2 speed and installing them in a beat channel. That is how i did all my songs last year.

Yo Don, I do that for some songs too. It just depends on the song. I always start out using the beat wizard to see if it can get a beat. It usually does pretty good. Rarely, have I needed to do the beat track manually. This biggest issue I've had with the beat wizard is that it gets off beat on songs where the temp changes. Several TSO songs are like that. In this case, I run the beat wizard in sections in the song where the temp does not change. That works well.

The tapper wizard is my second line of defense. I use it to put in other instruments and then fine tune the timing by using 1/2 speed.