Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird Pixcon output problem

Sizzler

Ok I'll start with a little of my setup. I have a Pixcon 16 running in e1.31, no problems at all with network setup. off the first 8 outputs I am running a mega tree, and am experiencing a problem on the last strip( I have 8 100 node strips in half (1 zigzag) to make a 16x50 180degree tree) on the number 8 strip/really 15-16. If running lets say bars of colors up or down I get at the change of color one pixel out of place(for reference lets say I have red then green 10 nodes each from top to bottom nodes 1-9 are red #10 is green then #11 is red then 12-20 green. It does the same on the #15 strip, and #16 strip. Most don't notice it but I do. It does the same in lor or xlights, so I thought it maybe the strip/bad node? so I switched port 7 and 8 where port 7 did last strip, and the strip worked fine like that, so ok strip is good. I then switched it back at tree side(so now i'll see if maybe a cable issue?) but nope same thing. port8 output on 2 different strips/2 different cables same out come. Now here's where the issue maybe? Ready ports 1-7 I have configured as 100 pixels with 1 zigzag, port 8 I have as 150 pixels with 2 zigzags. I have a 50 Node star that comes off last strip. I have left star unplugged and strip does same. Star appears to work fine. I have so many sequences done with the star being pixel numbers 801-850 channels 2401-2550. I don't see why it would matter that one port is controlling 50 more pixels then first 7, but it must have something to do with it?? Should I try it with 1 zigzag less? i'll try and get picture/vid of problem if needed. Anyone have ideas without me having to rid star? Thanks

• Like 1

Here is a link to short video, if you pause it you can see its on one side then the next(strip 15 then 16/back and forth)

• The topic was locked