Light-O-Rama Forums

Doing a Smart RGB chase in PE

bbrescia

Much as I search the effects and the forums, I can't find how to do a simple chase for smart RGB in PE. I have a windmill on which the top fan has about 10 blades. I am putting smart RGB pixels (separate 8mm nodes connected in a string) on the fan blades, probably 3 to a blade. I need for 3 to fire on a single fan blade, then fire the next 3 on the next fan blade, etc. so as to give the impression that the fan is turning. Can you help?

Edited by bbrescia

you can try and set it up as a single string of 30 pixels then play with the effect such as spirals...If I cant do it on PE I would just use SE and chase it across 10 channels then copy channel 1 into your pixels 1-3, copy channel 2 to pixels 4-6, etc...

Edited by kryolla
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bbrescia said:

Much as I search the effects and the forums, I can't find how to do a simple chase for smart RGB in PE. I have a windmill on which the top fan has about 10 blades. I am putting smart RGB pixels (separate 8mm nodes connected in a string) on the fan blades, probably 3 to a blade. I need for 3 to fire on a single fan blade, then fire the next 3 on the next fan blade, etc. so as to give the impression that the fan is turning. Can you help?

When doing a chase remember that black is a color, Try the spirals like kryolla said or bars but use black as your second color and see if that works for you.

SPaschall

• Like 1

Thank you. I have selected prop type arch in VI and also in PE (when modifying my preview). Please tell me what values I should place in the "# of sections" and "Exact # of RGB nodes per section" blocks. I am using a 30/10 RGB strip from HolidayCoro, 5 meters, so 150 LEDs total.

Thanks - BOb