Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Output

Jeff Messer

I have a channel that is locked on and I am running in dmx mode with spare channels on the controller. Is there a way to reassign the dmx channels on the PC16 controller? I hate to change the controller out because of one channel. 

Jeff

Not in the controller.

Gotta change it in the sequences. It sounds like you have at least one spare channel in that controller, so that makes it easier from a hardware point of view.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Hiya Jim,

Yea that is the worst option to change all the sequences. So wish we could assign the 16 channels any way we need them. Now I have to replace the card to get that one channel back working. 

Thanks again,

Jeff

That would be a useful item. Same concept as dimming curves, except a channel mapping option. Depending on how it is accomplished, would require changes in the show player (if the re-mapping is done by the player), or the firmware of the controllers (if the re-mapping is done in the controller). I suspect that doing it in the controller would be easier, but doing it in the show player would be far more versatile since you could re-map between different controllers. However that would not help those who are not using a computer to run the shows.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• The topic was locked