Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16- need help please

sacleonard1

I am running into some trouble getting my Pixie16 up and running.  Disclaimer- I am a total newbie to all of this. I ran into the unknown device issue at first and upgraded to the beta version and that resolved that. Yay. Next  I went to the configuration page and selected the cosmic color/ pixie config.In that window,  I think I kept everything at what defaults except changed the color order to RGB. I am using WS2811's.  Then when I go to the test page or the pixel console and try to control the lights, nothing happens.  My pixie board status light is on solid red. Any thoughts?  

I've run into this before, I could not get all my lights to turn on using the Hardware setup program. Another easy test is to set up a small sequence in Superstar or Sequence Editor that will test every light.

For example do a morph for string 1, see that it works as it's supposed to then do the same for every other string. Stagger the sequence so it's not doing all the strings at one time. (gives you time to verify each string)

Check colors in the same way.

Hope that makes sense.

Alan...

The way you state it, it sounds like some of your light worked in the Hardware Utility and maybe others did not.  I am saying that none of my strings work.  I have tried 3 different kinds of WS2811 strings and 1 kind of WS2812 ribbon on 2 different controllers.  I have set up one controller to be 5V and another for 12V (one of my types of WS2811 lights are 12V, the rest are 5V). And I get nothing. No lights come on at all in the hardware utility test or pixel console.  So it is not just an issue of some of them not working, it is all of them. I have not tried to hook them into the rest of my LOR network yet figuring that if I cannot get them to work in the Hardware Utility that they will not work in the sequence play.

I am trying to teach myself all of this this year.  I was able to figure out the Sequence Editor and Pixel Editor and created 3 songs for this year.  I purchased 2 LOR units and 3 Pixie16 controllers.  I set up the LOR units and they work well and play my sequences just as expected.  It is so frustrating that I have come this far and now I am stuck and it is only days until I am to go live with my show. . 

11 hours ago, sacleonard1 said:

I am running into some trouble getting my Pixie16 up and running.  Disclaimer- I am a total newbie to all of this. I ran into the unknown device issue at first and upgraded to the beta version and that resolved that. Yay. Next  I went to the configuration page and selected the cosmic color/ pixie config.In that window,  I think I kept everything at what defaults except changed the color order to RGB. I am using WS2811's.  Then when I go to the test page or the pixel console and try to control the lights, nothing happens.  My pixie board status light is on solid red. Any thoughts?  

I feel your pain, I to am just starting with a Pixie 16.  I had a similar problem like you are stating and plugged my strings in from the other end and they came on and I was able to test them through the hardware utility. Now if I could figure out the rest of it

12 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Need some more info on you config, how do you have your pixie setup?

Here is a screen shot of my configuration.

Screenshot (2).png

On 11/19/2016 at 5:19 PM, sacleonard1 said:

The way you state it, it sounds like some of your light worked in the Hardware Utility and maybe others did not.  I am saying that none of my strings work.

Sorry, I did misread what you had posted.

Perhaps you would be best served by opening a ticket at the help desk.

Alan...

Edited by default
Found an answer I had related to the WS2811 wiring standard

I am having the same issue. When I test all the strings in the hardware utility all the 4 strings light up. When I go to the sequence editor and set up the channels, I set up for 4 channels. When I run it, only the 1st  4 pixels work on string 1. None of the other strings work. I am also trying to do a leaping arch, but have had no success in getting my 4 channels to work. I am only using basic as I am a new user to LOR. I am using the pixel 16dv2.  

I ended up working through all of my issues.  The first problem was that I had wired the screw terminals for the connector that connects into the controller wrong.  I had the wires in the correct place, but screwed them down instead of up.  Fixed that issue and then could control my lights in hardware utility.  Then my next hurdle was naming the correct channels in the set up.  I got some help with that through the LOR help desk figured out how to do that.  Last hurdle ended up being that I had to change the network in the network preferences to the LOR enhanced network.  After all was said and done, everything works mostly as planned.  I feel there is some parts of the show that are lagging behind .  I will need to research that a little to see why that might be happening.

16 hours ago, Hammo131 said:

I am having the same issue. When I test all the strings in the hardware utility all the 4 strings light up. When I go to the sequence editor and set up the channels, I set up for 4 channels. When I run it, only the 1st  4 pixels work on string 1. None of the other strings work. I am also trying to do a leaping arch, but have had no success in getting my 4 channels to work. I am only using basic as I am a new user to LOR. I am using the pixel 16dv2.  

I would think that this has to do with the set up of your props. I have the pro software, so I am not sure if you are limited at all by that.  Otherwise, it would either be not setting up the channels correctly and/ or specifying the correct number of pixels per channel.

• The topic was locked