Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel layout in wreath

DownTown

Greetings all... 

I'm fooling with PE, creating a wreath. It's just 1 CCP (100 pixels) and I'm using the predefined wreath, with 3 concentric circles of lights. If I were laying out a matrix or a tree it would be straight forward... the next pixel in the line gets the next bulb on the string. But with a wreath, how is it layed out? How do I determine which pixel is where on the wreath. There must be an easy way to visualize it. Do the pixels start at the inside or outside edge of the wreath? Do they proceed around the circumference (clockwise or counter clockwise), or across the width of the wreath, in kind of a zig zag pattern around the wreath? Where is the first pixel on the wreath? So many questions, so little time!

Thanks in advance.

D.T.

how we did it for a project house, Hope it helps

SPaschall

Wreath.png

Thanks SPaschall.

I've gotten to that point. But that doesn't tell me what I need to know. Where is pixel 1? Where is pixel 2? Etc etc. What is the pattern that the lights are arranged in? Where does ring one end and ring two begin? What pixel numbers are they?

This is probably easy stuff for you experts, but for someone doing it for the first time, it's not intuitive at all.

Thanks,

D.T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standard green off the shelf wreath. I can't attach the CCB if I don't know where each pixel belongs.

I will be doing the same thing with mine, I plan to put mine at the bottom and go clockwise around towards the middle. You may have to play with it a bit to get it right.As long as the starting pixel is correct you should be good with it.

SPaschall

The Pixel Editor assumes wreath wiring generally follows the pattern shown in the attachment. The starting pixel and wiring direction are set by the "Start Location" setting in Prop Definition.

Matt

wreath-wiring-bulbs.png

I did a 124 pixel wreath and followed what John Storms..listentooutlights did in xlights.  He build a custom modle that followed the layout in above attachment.  For a wreath, don't know that it really matters where pixel 1 is on inside/outside circle or where it's at on a 360 degree circle.

BTW...a large pixel wreath is really cool element.

Mpageler - I guess you're right about it not mattering where pixel 1 is on the wreath as long as you're using PE. I guess my brain is still in SE mode after sequencing in it for 10 years. Thanks for opening my eyes to this adjustment in thinking.

D.T.

The Pixel Editor assumes wreath wiring generally follows the pattern shown in the attachment. The starting pixel and wiring direction are set by the "Start Location" setting in Prop Definition.

Matt

Great Matt, that is the exact information that I was looking for!!

Thanks a lot!

D.T.