Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Smart Pixel Controller

bktalon

got my new unit today, wired it up with power, plugged into the dongle solid red and solid green lights, I click refresh in the HU and it tells me found 1 unit Unknown Devise??? I plugged in my 5050 smd rgb and its completely lit up blue, no matter what spot I plug into, any ideas? pulling out any hair I have left :(

Capture1.JPG

Thanks much, that fixed the unknown device problem, now I still have 1 more problem, the power is on all the time, no matter where I plug my lights in, they are on. I waited a very long time to get this unit as it was back stocked, I hope the board isnt junk :(

Thanks much, that fixed the unknown device problem, now I still have 1 more problem, the power is on all the time, no matter where I plug my lights in, they are on. I waited a very long time to get this unit as it was back stocked, I hope the board isnt junk :(

also my lights are RGB 5050 smd flex 5 meter 300 led ...... what I dont know is what wire is what, yes they are wired RGB and w w being 12v+, but nowhere on the strip do i see data clock and ground, I checked the website where I got them from ( ebay uggg 1st mistake)  and they have nothing that says and no support . is there a common setting on these? sorry, my first year using RGB and i will admit, i am lost LOL

just ordered a dumb controller, looks like thats the only way I will get my display up and running in time :( lesson learned

9 minutes ago, bktalon said:

just ordered a dumb controller, looks like thats the only way I will get my display up and running in time :( lesson learned

sorry,,,lol,,,,i cant seem to edit a post right tonight.

Edited by saxon

18 minutes ago, bktalon said:

What did you order? A CMB24D from LOR?

Keep in mind that you will have to change your sequencing as smart pixels use way more channels then dumb pixels. Smart pixels use three channels for each led on the strip whereas dumb pixels will use three channels for entire strip.

havent even started to adapt the new rgb to our sequences yet lol, really going to be burning the candle on this years display, we light up 1 week from tonight:unsure:

• The topic was locked