Light-O-Rama Forums

Secret Sale kits are now assembled.

JeffF

Finished soldering and assembling 4 PC kits this week and then I finally put the Showtime kit in a fitting home(gray box on the right). The one extra PC box was one I bought already assembled, just wanted to use it as a template to make sure I did everything "LOR-like". ;)

I think it's time to take a small break before continuing on the 2008 LOR journey. ;) I have two more mini-trees that I'll do tomorrow and then I'm thinking that will be it until next weekend when I'll start populating the new sub-panel with outside outlet feeds. :cool:

Attached files 151300=8794-LOR-controllers.jpg

Wow, eight more! :shock: I was thinking I'm nuts for considering one or possibly even two more at the sale... 8 more would be just awesome! :cool:

Have you found that assembling the cords first helps you out? I think mentally it's nice to be able to put everything together once you've soldered and tested. The first kit seemed to drag on forever since I had to do the cords before actually assembling into the case.

Have fun on those last three(and then 8!).

I don't do that, I set the cords and enclosure aside while I solder.

I kinda like the idea though, it would make for quick testing and final assembly once the soldering is done. I might have to give it a try.

It's just a personal preference I guess... I find it easier to have them ready to go so once I finish soldering, I can quickly test and then assemble.

I put together two cord assemblies at work while I was waiting for customers to show up last week. It's mindless work that you can do to kill time.

The rest of the assembly, actually takes some thought. I like being able to test and then go right to putting everything in the box.

Again, personal preference but I think it actually makes things go smoother.

shg wrote:

I ordered mine on Sunday Morning and I live by the airport

Looks like quite a few Hoosiers getting on board. Time for an Indy mini?

Bob VandenBoom wrote:

shg wrote:
I ordered mine on Sunday Morning and I live by the airport

Looks like quite a few Hoosiers getting on board.  Time for an Indy mini?

I'd be up for a mini in indy or somewhere close... i'm near the Louisville, ky area...