Light-O-Rama Forums

PIXEL EDITOR CONFIG CHANGE - AFFECTS SE?

Vince4xmas

I modified 1 of my 3 channel props (star) in Pixel Editor prop definition. They are traditional lights and moved to a different controller (say they were 05/01, 05/02 & 05/03 and I changed them to 06/13. 06/14 & 06/15. I then saved file in PE and outputted as an intensity file.

Question is does this channel change in PE overide my channel configuration in SE? I am playing my show through a G3 via SD card so when I select my show it is the SE file w/intensity data. 

Please advise.

Thank you.

Did you program them in PE or SE? You shouldn't have them configured in both places. I believe that will cause a conflict on those channels.As for overriding SE, I would say no,PE reads the config from your lms file, the changes need to be there if you are programming in SE.

SPaschall

I use both SE and PE. It is my understanding that the Channel Configuration is in each SE sequence, and in the Visualizer. In PE, the channel setting is in the preview configuration you select.

I used to have a standard SE config that I would modify and import into all SE files. This year, using PE on some sequences, i have a standard PE Preview that I use. 

For a SE file with props to be "handled" by PE - you should not have the SE configuation duplicate the PE props, it will cause a conflict. When I convert from SE to PE files, I have to MIGRATE the props from SE to PE, then use the Migrate step to remove the prop from the old SE file. The resulting newer SE file shows the props, but they have no channel numbers, just empty. The migration then saves the intensity file.

As a side note, I am finding problems with my 12 CCR tree show not having all details, so right now I am intending to use the traditional SE file and not the PE generated version.

You can check the online doc - under PE and Workflow.

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/

Based on waht you have said, and I have ever migrated any sequences, although the channel config may be clean in PE, it hasn't changed in SE. Maybe Matt will chime in and let you know if the Intensity Data file will override the config in SE. Now if the prop is labeled as a Pixel editor prop I would say that it will, if it is labeled as the sequence editor then that is when it could be sketchy.

SPaschall

I programmed all my AC controller points in SE and all my smart pixels and dumb rgb in PE. The channel I modified was an AC controller point. I get no errors from LOR software.

The channel was modified in PE preview.

I have NOT migrated anything.

So, if the prop was programmed in SE, but changed in PE. Which configuration is actually ran after saving intensity data? Remember I am running thru a G3 and using an SD card so the show loaded is an SE file with intensity data attached.

I do not understand the concern with having both SE and PE channel configurations? So for example, if I do program ALL my channels in PE, I need NO configuration loaded in SE? All the configuration passes thru the intensity files? So when I open up the totally programmed PE file in SE, I should just see 100% intensity data track?

8 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

I programmed all my AC controller points in SE and all my smart pixels and dumb rgb in PE. The channel I modified was an AC controller point. I get no errors from LOR software.

The channel was modified in PE preview.

I have NOT migrated anything.

So, if the prop was programmed in SE, but changed in PE. Which configuration is actually ran after saving intensity data? Remember I am running thru a G3 and using an SD card so the show loaded is an SE file with intensity data attached.

I do not understand the concern with having both SE and PE channel configurations? So for example, if I do program ALL my channels in PE, I need NO configuration loaded in SE? All the configuration passes thru the intensity files? So when I open up the totally programmed PE file in SE, I should just see 100% intensity data track?

I can be totally wrong on this but in PE you have to define the sequencing method, It's either SE or PE if you have data from PE running to a prop and from SE at the same time then it will conflict. Now after reading your problem again, if you changed the unit ID in PE and on the controller you should be OK as long as you defined that prop is sequenced in PE. If you didn't assign it then it is going to be read by the programming in SE if that makes sense at all.

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall