Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 was running

Vince4xmas

My Pixcon16 was running and now when powered up I get the green LED and slow flashing red LED. I verified I have 12v power at both connections. I have it connected to a G3 and jumper on Pixcon16 is set for LOR. I also have random pixel lights on "white" on all channels. I do not have a "red" USB adapter or I would try to run from PC. I have tried a new communication cable from G3 to Pixcon and get the same result.

Do I need to reconnect thru Ethernet port? Load firmware? I am totally lost as to what steps I need to take next.

A solid green and flashing red says the board is powered and running correctly but is not receiving any data. Some how it's not synced up. If you have tested the cat5 cable and you know it is good use the other RJ45 port and see if it will sync.

I have not tested the CAT5 cable but I did try a new one fresh out of the bag. I have also tried the other port on Pixcon. I even looked into the connector on the G3 and pins look good.

I do not have a red usb adapter only the old one. It will not work with this one. The G3 did run it and was configured for ELOR. If I had a red adapter I could at least test and determine of the G3 was the issue.

I just tried another ethernet cable (also tried both ports on Pixcon) still doesnt work.

Thinking about trying to connect to pixcon  ethernet port and load firmware and reconfigure the pixcon. Hate to do this, but have no choice unless I had a hi speed red adapter.

I got 11 days until show needs to run. Guess I could rush an adapter from LOR.

Your thoughts?

Just a thought here but I read in some other post about the power and if some random lights are coming on to back the power down some to see what happens. It won't hurt but back the power down to 11.5v and see what happens.

Thanks for your help Mr. P

If it were you with this problem, would you be ordering a hi-speed adapter just in case?

7 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

If it were you with this problem, would you be ordering a hi-speed adapter just in case?

Regardless of a problem, having a spare USB to RS-485 adapter should be considered a must.  And for the tiny price difference, I can't see any reason NOT to get a high speed version.

19 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Thanks for your help Mr. P

I always have 2-3 of the red adapters around, you never know when you may need to bump the speed or add another network.

Are you 100% sure that the G3 is running, and is outputting on that port? Seems silly, but...

Do other controllers on it receive a signal?

I have no issues with port 1 it is running all shows fine. Not sure how to verify port 2, but it was operating correctly earlier.

• The topic was locked