Light-O-Rama Forums

uf50d setup

saveglamis

I bought a one of the 50 watt uv floods at the spring sale.  I can make it work using the hardware utility, but that is it. Is there something special I am missing because I can not make it work outside HU. I want to control it using PE, I have it connected to the same LOR network as my cmb24d's that I have my rgb floods which are enhanced.  I tried configuring it as its own prop as a traditional bulb, type: channel per color. I just cant get it to turn on.  No problems with my rgb floods on the same network.  I also tried adding it into SE, it wont work in there either. I didn't open it up and change any dip switches, rather I just changed the address using the hardware utility. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

uv prop setup.jpg

I don't have the Uf50 but I do have several of the CCF50. The way I am understanding it it the UF50 still has five channels:

Ch 1 - on/off

Ch 2&3 - not used

Ch 4&5 - strobes

I would set it up as a one channel unit and control the on/off as I don't use the strobe channels. It looks like you are setting it up as a RGB channel and selecting white as the color. Try setting it as a single on/off channel and see what it does since it doesn't change colors, IE. Unit 1 ch 1.

I have it on the "traditional" tab, just chose white because they didn't have "wicked bright UV" as an option. Your suggestion is how I thought I have it set up. 

I have two of the UV floods.  One of them is hooked up to the network to run with the sequences and the other in standalone mode to light up my graveyard (powers on without a network).  The UV light needs to be assigned a unit ID.  It is shipped with it's ID set as 1.  If your running it in a network it needs to be  changed.  You can set it in standalone mode through the hardware utility.  Just look at your documentation booklet that came with it or go to the LOR website under support and download it.  It's pretty simple if you follow the instructions.  So I think your problem is that the UV floods CAN'T be run on the enhanced network. Take it off the enhanced and place it on a regular network.  And if you just want to turn it on and leave it on either run it in standalone or expand the channel and select the entire top row and then select 'on'  you can adjust the intensity if you like as well.  My preference  is just  to leave it at 100%.  

bingo, doesn't work on enhanced. That means running two networks, was hoping to avoid that this year. I am trying to use the DMX bridge on the pixcon16, I think I have everything right, enable the port on the card, chose the universe, set the dip switches and jumpers in the uf50d. I get a solid led when connected, but still don't have control in PE

I got it all figured out. Running the uf50d in DMX mode and connected it to a pixcon16 DMX bridge. Configured it the same as a dumb rgb flood in pixel editor, just have to make sure I choose red for the color. Works just as I hoped.

Eric

The UF50D uses exactly the same firmware as the CF50D, and that firmware has been upgraded to understand enhanced networks. If you load the latest firmware the UF50D should work. DIP switch 11 being ON tells the firmware that it's in a UV flood as opposed to RGB.

• The topic was locked