Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR arch with 2 modules

audihere

I want to make an arch that needs about 1.5 CCR's.  In the Pixel Editor, I can't figure out how to assign the second module to start at pixel #1 and end in the middle somewhere.  It seems like I can only start it in the middle somewhere and end it at the end?

Any help on this would be appreciated.  Trying to get something ready for Halloween.  Thanks!

I'm going to assume you are using all (50 pixels) of one CCR and 25 pixels from a second CCR. 75 total pixels.

In the Preview Design window, assign the total number of pixels in the arch (75). Set max circuits to be the number of circuits on the first controller (150, which is 50 pixels times 3 channels per pixel). This should leave 75 in the "carryover" column. The carryover channels will be assigned to the next unit id. If you put in unit id 10, then 50 pixels would be assigned to unit id 10 and 25 to unit id 11. Your first controller should be configured for "normal" order (pixel closest to the controller is pixel 1). The second controller should set to "reverse" order (pixel 1 is farthest from the controller). After getting this set up, but while still in Preview Design, select Prop > Layout. This will show you the unit id and circuit assigned to every pixel in the prop - which should allow you to verify correct setup.

I guess you will hide the last 25 pixels?

Matt

This is great info, but I'm still having an incredibly hard time getting this to work.

> In the Preview Design window, assign the total number of pixels in the arch (75). 

I don't see anywhere to set this value in the Preview Design window?  The closest I see is the Prop Definition window "Exact # of RGB Nodes per Section".  Should that be 75?

I keep trying to set "# of sections to 2, is that correct?

> Set max circuits to be the number of circuits on the first controller (150, which is 50 pixels times 3 channels per pixel).

I see "Max Circuit" in Prop Definition, I've set that to 150.  This did update Carryover to 75 on Unit #1 with Start Circuit 1 and End Circuit 150.

>If you put in unit id 10, then 50 pixels would be assigned to unit id 10 and 25 to unit id 11.

I didn't understand this at all.  I'm using 2 units which are programed as ID 1 and ID 2.

> Your first controller should be configured for "normal" order (pixel closest to the controller is pixel 1). The second controller should set to "reverse" order (pixel 1 is farthest from the controller).

I don't see anywhere that I can program this.  Closest thing is Starting Location in Prop Definition (Left or Right), but it's not for individual strings.

I been working on this all day and am very frustrated.  At this point it seems like I'm close, but something just isn't right.  Attached is an image of my Prop Definition screen.  Something must be wrong still.

Capture2.JPG

The attached image seems to be working for using the entire length of both CCR's.  But I still am having no luck shortening one using Pixel Editor.

Capture3.JPG

I'm still stuck on this.  

Trying to use two CCR's to make one arch, but only need approximately 1/2 of the second CCR.  I won't know exactly how many pixels of 2nd CCR until I assemble it, but want to get it working on the bench first.

I'd like to use the first portion (closest to the power/data cable) of the second CCR, so I can coil up the end and eventually cut it off if this works great.

The fields in the image above on the right "End Circuit" are always the same and cannot be edited.  Do I Group 2 arches together?  I've tried all kinds of things and cannot get this to work.

I'm sure sure where to enter "pixel count".

If I change "Exact # of Nodes Per Section" or "Max Circuit", I don't get the results I want or am trying for.

Is there another screen where I can enter entire single arch Pixel Count?

I must just be missing something somewhere.

Just enter 75 instead of 50 when you enter 150 channels you can only program the first 50 pixels than you have 25 pixels ,left to set next I'd to 

OK, here's what I changed it to (see attached image).

It definitely isn't working on the actual lights.  In Pixel Editor, it always looks perfect in the simulation (with all kinds of different settings), but on the actual lights, it's using 1/2 of both CCR's, and 1/2 of one CCR is off (that is good), the 1/2 of the other CCR is white with a blue pixel in the middle.

I've checked and retested both of these CCR's several times and they seem to be working unless I try to use them together in a single arch like I want to.

In the attached image, I've entered 50 possible nodes per section (I assume this applies to both CCR's).  Then changed Max Circuit to 75.  The End Circuit and Carryover values in the chart are automatically filled in and don't seem right to me.

What am I doing wrong?

Capture4.JPG

Change the # of sections to 1. Change the RGB nodes to 75 and make sure you are running on an enhanced network with the red high speed adaptor. Also uncheck the individual start channels. set the max circuit to 150 and change the end circuit to 150. Each node is 3 channels so right now it only sees half of your string.

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall

OK, great.  This is getting closer.  Attached image is showing what you instructed me to do.  I can't enter the End Circuit value, only the Max Circuit value.

It appears to be working BUT, the portion of the CCR that's only partially used is not Off, it's almost like it's not clearing out some of the data and it comes On with static pixel colors while the arch is working.  If I have black Off boxes in my timeline in Pixel Editor, everything is off except the 1/2 of the CCR that I actually want to be off.  If I hit the red stop button, everything does go off.

I am using the red high speed USB adapter.  I've updated my CCR controllers to latest firmware 1.19.  What can I do to make sure that portion of the 1/2 CCR I don't want to use stays Off?

Also, Question, How does it know to use the second CCR with ID 2 when it's configured to only 1 "# of sections"?

And them ultimately, I'm hoping to program the CCR controllers as stand alone to start at powerup.  Will this be possible in this configuration (more than 1 CCR in a single arch)?

Capture5.JPG

9 hours ago, audihere said:

OK, great.  This is getting closer.  Attached image is showing what you instructed me to do.  I can't enter the End Circuit value, only the Max Circuit value.

It appears to be working BUT, the portion of the CCR that's only partially used is not Off, it's almost like it's not clearing out some of the data and it comes On with static pixel colors while the arch is working.  If I have black Off boxes in my timeline in Pixel Editor, everything is off except the 1/2 of the CCR that I actually want to be off.  If I hit the red stop button, everything does go off.

I am using the red high speed USB adapter.  I've updated my CCR controllers to latest firmware 1.19.  What can I do to make sure that portion of the 1/2 CCR I don't want to use stays Off?

Also, Question, How does it know to use the second CCR with ID 2 when it's configured to only 1 "# of sections"?

And them ultimately, I'm hoping to program the CCR controllers as stand alone to start at powerup.  Will this be possible in this configuration (more than 1 CCR in a single arch)?

Capture5.JPG

Ok the second CCR isn't defined yet, create the second unit# start with 1 then count how many pixels are being used for the second part of the arch. Let's say it's 25 then put an end value of 75. the rest off the pixels you don't want to use are not seen and should not come on unless you are triggering the macro channels somehow.

SPaschall

2 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Ok the second CCR isn't defined yet, create the second unit# start with 1 then count how many pixels are being used for the second part of the arch. Let's say it's 25 then put an end value of 75. the rest off the pixels you don't want to use are not seen and should not come on unless you are triggering the macro channels somehow.

SPaschall

OK, so I should increase # of Sections to 2 right?  Or do I create another prop definition arch from scratch (I don't think I would do that)?

The grayed out fields in the chart on the right are not editable.  So I can't enter a value for End Circuit.

On 10/23/2016 at 2:26 PM, MattBrown said:

I'm going to assume you are using all (50 pixels) of one CCR and 25 pixels from a second CCR. 75 total pixels.

IIf you put in unit id 10, then 50 pixels would be assigned to unit id 10 and 25 to unit id 11.

Re-reading this makes it sound like the carryover is automatically assigned to the next unit ID?

On 10/23/2016 at 2:26 PM, MattBrown said:

Your first controller should be configured for "normal" order (pixel closest to the controller is pixel 1). The second controller should set to "reverse" order (pixel 1 is farthest from the controller).

Where is this normal/reverse configured?

I'll try your advice tonight when I get home from work.  Thanks!

The reverse should be in the hardware utility setup. you don't really need the reverse  depending where you place second controller  . setup like Matt suggested  75 pixels  2 segments   two controllers  make sure you put in the right ids for controllers.

OK, it's working.  Probably needed to power cycle everything to fix the strange behavior of the pixels that were supposed to be off.  Attached image shows the settings.

I think the software should fill in the second line of the chart on the right with the carryover that seems to be automatically sending data to CCR ID 2.  # of Sections is set to 1, but it's working with 50 pixels on CCR ID 1 and 25 pixels on CCR ID 2, but no where in the software that I can find indicates anything about using ID 2??  I realized this because if you increase # of Sections to 2, it adds a second line to the chart that's identical to the first line except ID is 3!  Carryovers go to ID 2 and ID 4, but that isn't shown on the chart.

A couple of questions:

1. I'm trying to do a Halloween light show arch, but the color orange is not showing up well at all.  Looks really yellow.  Is that the best I can get?

2. Is it possible to program these 2 CCR controllers to run this 75 pixel arch together in stand alone mode?  How do I do that?

Capture6.JPG