Light-O-Rama Forums

How to check if working?

jratly

I need some help here please!  My husband (now deceased) had the 1602W unit but it was not used in the last 2 years and was stored indoors when not in use during Christmas.  I want to make sure this unit is working before selling it.  This seems like a simple task to me, but maybe not?  I plugged the unit in on one side and then plugged a known working lamp into each of the 8 channels on that side.  Then I did the same for the other side and the lamp would not turn on at all.  Am I doing something wrong or is the unit broken?

Unfortunely, it's going to be a little more entailed to test the controller.

Do you know if you have a computer that still has the LOR software installed.  There's a "hardware utility" in it that allows you to test the controller with lights plugged in.  If so, we can't walk you through that procees which means that the contgroller would have to be connected to the computer.

The other option is you sell it "as is".  Was working but has been store for serveral years and price it accordingly.

It should be listed under Programs - then Light o Rama.  get back to us if you are able to get that far then we can further assist you.

Sorry to hear the loss of your husband.

Try plugging in both cords to the controller. One cord to the controller supplies power to the circuitry board of the controller.

Then as mentioned, the LOR program tells the controller to turn on the lights. Hope you have the USB dongle to connect the controller.

Mr. P will guide you in the right direction.

Tom

Thanks Santa's Helper!  I didn't think to plug in but one at a time.  Tested and all 16 channels working.  It is listed on ebay if anyone is interested.  Funny that I had put in a ticket with the manufacturer for help and they said I had to use a USB cable and connect to my computer to test with their online software.  Big catch was it wasn't compatible with a Mac so that wasn't going to work for me.  You guys are the best and I appreciate all the help!

• The topic was locked