Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels not working

Scooch

OK, I am trying to get a pixel matrix working. I am running it on the pixcon16 in ELOR config. I have finally found the right com port and can control the matrix without any problems.  The problem that I am having is that not all of the pixels are running. The strings are made up of 2 separate 50 bulb strings with a portion of the strings being cut off. The potion of the strings that are working are the portions of the strings that come from the cut lines. 

IMG_2642.JPG

Scooch, since I just ran into this, my first question is are you sure that the data path into your pixels is correct?      If you use the hardware utility, pixel dialog, and turn them on (buttons at the bottom of the pixel dialog) do they all turn on?    

Second question, did the lights show correctly in the visualizer? 

A couple other things. The pixels are WS2811. I have checked the direction of data transfer. If it helps, when I run the pinwheel effect runs, there are 2 running side by side. 

16 minutes ago, scubanimal said:

Scooch, since I just ran into this, my first question is are you sure that the data path into your pixels is correct?      If you use the hardware utility, pixel dialog, and turn them on (buttons at the bottom of the pixel dialog) do they all turn on?    

Second question, did the lights show correctly in the visualizer? 

The data path is correct. By hardware utility do you mean the network config?

Yes, they display correctly in the pixel editor preview. 

Sounds like something is wrong in the configuration of the controller or software. I had an issue similar to this on my pixel tree last year and I had my start and end channels of my strings wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did try running the pixels through the hardware utility and was able to light each string individually.  It is obviously some config problem.  I will continue to work on it and try to find the error.  I have looked at the config several times and all looks good.  I am obviously missing something simple.

• The topic was locked