Light-O-Rama Forums

firmware differences..

amtrak115

I'm trying to run my lor boxes in DMX mode.  Downloaded the LOR instructructions and they basically say to update the firmware to 4.20 or higher.  I have a CTB16PCG2 - V4.  I was able to update the firmware to CTB16PG3-v1_08.  it will not let me use the update firmware to 4.40 or 4.20?  Am I missing something here??

You can't update one generation of controller to another generation of controller's firmware.  

As long as you are using the most recent version of firmware for YOUR controller, you should be able to use it in DMX mode.

Turns out, it wasn't a firmware issue anyway.  it was a stupid operator error.  Having worked with DMX in the past, I was use to setting the starting channel for a controller, So when I wanted to set the id for the 2 lor box....I set it to 17....starting channel number.  I stared at that document on how to run your lor boxes in DMX mode for hours before I realized that setting the ID to 2 would start that controller at channel 17....duh.....

Don't feel bad.  Some of our controllers you set a 16 channel boundary, or for others you set the actual arbitrary start channel.

• The topic was locked