Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating a custom prop definition for regular lights.

Entropy

Greetings,
I have a regular (Incandescent/LED) LOR show. This year I'm adding Pixels and converting everything over to the Pixel Editor.
I'm stuck while creating my mini trees. They each have three colors on three LOR channels. When I create a custom prop wit three colors, it wants 9 channels. I know that this is supposed to be 3 RGB nodes per lamp but I can't seem to convince it that there are only three channels. (see attached screen shot) I didn't previously use the Visualizer in case you were going to ask.

What's the correct way to set up "regular" lights connected to LOR controllers in Pixel Editor?

Thanks,

Mickey

Capture.JPG

Just use the number "1" in the custom prop grid. The preview of the minitree will automatically be created with alternating bulb colors.

Note that the way the Pixel Editor works, applying a green colorwash to the minitree will turn it green, red will turn it red, but white will turn on all of the colors. There is no way to just turn on the white string by itself - without going back to the Sequence Editor and doing things at the channel level.

Matt

Well there is one work-around. That is to create separate props for each minitree color (or at least separate out the white), then overlay the separate props on top of one another in the preview. This will allow you to sequence the colors separately in the Pixel Editor.

Matt

I figured it out. I just had to repeat the entries in  the Channel table three times. A little ctrl-c, ctrl-v took care of it..
4  1

4  2

4  3

4  1

4  2

4  3

4  1

4  2

4  3