Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon to LOR controllers w/DMX

Sizzler

OK I want to switch my controllers over to DMX, and i'm aware that LOR uses different pins on the rj45 jacks, so my question is as follows

If I come out of my pixcon dmx port(rj45) to my lor controllers which I will switch to DMX----Do I need to make a cross over cable or will a standard A or B crimped cat5 do?

Second on the cmd24 when I switch it over to DMX can I still access it with the lor hardware and flash it to standalone again after the holidays? Its been outside now for close to 3 years running some strip lights I have in my steps and I use it year round, and have it dance so to say on holidays, or will I have to set it back to LOR after holidays? Thanks

Don

52 minutes ago, Sizzler said:

Second on the cmd24 when I switch it over to DMX can I still access it with the lor hardware and flash it to standalone again after the holidays? Its been outside now for close to 3 years running some strip lights I have in my steps and I use it year round, and have it dance so to say on holidays, or will I have to set it back to LOR after holidays?

Can't help you on the Pixcon, but I can on the CMB24.  The switch changes the pinout only.  The board will respond to either LOR or DMX commands regardless of the switch position.  The only difference is on what pins it is looking for the data.

• Like 1

Thanks Jim, so I could leave the switch and use a crossover or use a standard cable and switch it. Thinking of just making a crossover because I have a cat5e already ran to outside cabinet to inside so when I want to flash it. And if I use it at end of line could run a temp cat5e to second port during xmas. What about on CTB16PC any ideas? I know hopefully sometime this weekend i'll unpack them and figure it out myself, just like a heads up so to speak if possible before hand.

• The topic was locked