Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB08 - Redlight is solid but not found by hardware utility

dbaxter21073

Setting up for Halloween and my CTB08 is not being recognized.  It has a solid redlight.  I disconnected it and brought it inside and connected it as the only device but the red light is still on and hardware utility does not find it.  I tried a unit change and it did not work.  I am running LOR 4.2.12 and the unit I believe is on firmware 4.30 but no way of finding out. The CTB08 is V4.

A couple more things to check.

Is the red LED on solid or blinking if there is no LOR network cable connected?

When you are trying to use the Hardware Utility, is there any other source of LOR networking trying to run - most notably is the LOR control panel running?

What is Max Unit ID for the search in the Hardware Utility set for?  If that CTB08 got set to a unit ID higher than the Max Unit ID, then the HU wont see it.  Set to the maximum and try the search again - yea, it takes a while which is why we normally set it to a much lower value.

• Like 1

Is the red LED on solid or blinking if there is no LOR network cable connected?

When you are trying to use the Hardware Utility, is there any other source of LOR networking trying to run - most notably is the LOR control panel running?

What is Max Unit ID for the search in the Hardware Utility set for?  If that CTB08 got set to a unit ID higher than the Max Unit ID, then the HU wont see it.  Set to the maximum and try the search again - yea, it takes a while which is why we normally set it to a much lower value

=============================================

The Red light is flashing

No other source is running.  The show is disabled and the Show Editor is not running.  I plugged a second CTB08 (replacing the one not responding) with the hardware utility opened and pressed refresh and the second CTB08 was immediately recognized.

Max unit is set to 2A but I remember reading about the max unit so I bumped the max unit to F0.  I reran the refresh and the red light came right on.  The old Jurassic Park syndrome but unfortuntelly the Hardware utility came back with zero units found. Tried forcing a unit change but it failed.

Looked at this more this evening and I have tried all of the inputs and have checked the input blocks and no pin is stuck.  Visual inspection does not show any damage and I blew it with air. 

Unless there is a way to force a reset, I think this one is toast.

It seems like CTB08's have a tendency to lose their unit id have you tried resetting the id?

1 connect only the  CTB08 to the computer.

2. Got to the CHANGE ID section of hardware utility

3. Set Existing ID to "Any Unit"

4. Set New ID to the ID you want

5. Click Change ID.

I was able to isolate just this one controller and perform the steps above.  This resolved the issue and the controller is working once again.  Case closed.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked