Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone know the size/length of the fuses in a V2 CTB16PC Controller?

Orville

Trying to find fuses on line for my CTB16PC V2 controllers, but I see differing sizes, I know they are FAST ACTING CERAMIC, 15A, 250V fuses, but what size are these things so one knows what to buy?

I see 5mm x 20mm, 3/16" x 1/4" or 1/4" x 3/16", etc., etc... and I want to be sure I get the correct fuse that fits the fuse holder in my V2 CTB16PC controllers.    I need to buy replacement fuses, but the shipping charge is horrible for a pack of fuses for $4.99¢ and the shipping charge is almost 3 times that amount{$13.99¢ UPS ground, why no USPS option for such a small item?}!    

I can find fuses that look like them on eBay, but not knowing the physical dimensions of the fuse to be sure I get the correct ones {with free shipping} for a buck or two above the $4.99¢ cost.  As that would be more prudent than paying $18.98¢{$4.99¢ fuses+$13.99¢ shipping} for the exact same amount of fuses for $5.28¢ with no shipping charge.

Anyone have any idea what the exact dimensions of these fuses are?  I didn't have much success in trying to measure one since my vision just doesn't cooperate with seeing those little numbers on the tape measure.

So any help here so I get the correct size fuse that fits the fuse holder, again V2 CTB16PC would be very much appreciated!   {Wish LOR would at least put the fuse dimensions in their description of the fuses as that would have helped a lot!}

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Thanks Mr. P.  I wonder if those dimensions convert to 5mm x 20mm.   Because I can get these type fuses on eBay for $5.28¢ with free shipping for 5 of them.  Same voltage rating and everything, but the converter calculator on my phone doesn't do inches to mm. Ugh!

3 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

you can buy that fuse at Menards if there is any where you live.

Don't recall ever seeing or hearing of that store in my area.   So very doubtful we have them in my neck o' the wood!   See it mentioned online a lot, just haven't heard of or even seen any in my area.

2 minutes ago, Orville said:

Thanks Mr. P.  I wonder if those dimensions convert to 5mm x 20mm.   Because I can get these type fuses on eBay for $5.28¢ with free shipping for 5 of them.  Same voltage rating and everything, but the converter calculator on my phone doesn't do inches to mm. Ugh!

Just make sure they are the quick blow ceramic fuses.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Just make sure they are the quick blow ceramic fuses.

They are the fast acting type, just like what LOR recommends.   I sure wouldn't want to put a slow-blow fuse in any of MY controllers!   That'd be asking for trouble!

• The topic was locked