Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Matrix/Control Lights

Morendo1975

Good evening everyone!  I have 2 questions which may be related and possibly a third.  I'm working on setting up a pixel matrix (15x 20). I am using Pixel Editor with a Pro License. I'm using 3 sets of Cosmic Color Bulbs (CB100D DMX) from LOR (2 strings of 50 each).  I was able to assign unit ID's in the hardware utility.  I set them to 4,5, and 6.  Because I'm using 1,2 and 3 for my other controllers.  I can turn on all the lights using the RGB console, but when I switch from unit 4 to 5, 15 of the RGB lights from unit 4 turn off.  The rest stay on.  The same happens as click off unit 5 and 6.  All the lights stay on except 15 from each box.  Is this normal or did I miss something in the settings?  So that's actually my third question.

When setting up the prop in the preview I'm using units 4-6 and have the correct number of channels, but when I play back my sequence (with the control lights option checked) the lights do not turn on.  Even when I save as high intensity and open in Sequence Editor the lights to play.  I'm assuming I've missed something with a setting and hoping you guys can help me.  Please let me know if you need any additional information!

Thanks

Shawn

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:55 PM, MattBrown said:

Have a look at this PDF document starting on page 23. It should help.

Matt

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PE_Previews_2016.pdf

Matt,

Thank you so much, this answered all my questions!  One more follow-up if I may!?  My pixel matrix I have built it 15 pixels long by 20 pixels high (300 total).  Which means unit 4 starts in the bottom left of the matrix and when it gets to the top comes back down.  My problem is unit 4 ends half way up on the 3rd row.  Is there a way to configure it so it knows that unit 5 starts on the 11 square of the 3rd string and so on?  I've been messing with settings and just can't seem to get it to work.  I hate to have to rebuild/redesign my matrix.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

shawn

14 hours ago, Morendo1975 said:

Matt,

Thank you so much, this answered all my questions!  One more follow-up if I may!?  My pixel matrix I have built it 15 pixels long by 20 pixels high (300 total).  Which means unit 4 starts in the bottom left of the matrix and when it gets to the top comes back down.  My problem is unit 4 ends half way up on the 3rd row.  Is there a way to configure it so it knows that unit 5 starts on the 11 square of the 3rd string and so on?  I've been messing with settings and just can't seem to get it to work.  I hate to have to rebuild/redesign my matrix.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

shawn

How many strings in the matrix?

SPaschall

I'm using 3 Boxes each with 2 strings 50 bulbs per string (300 total bulbs). So right now, my structure is 20 pixel tall by 15 pixels.

Edited by Morendo1975

Two strings would be 100 pixels 300 channels. Each string could be individually addressed so it would do what you want.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I should have clarified, 2 strings per box.  It's the Cosmic Color Bulbs (CB100D DMX) from LOR.  How can you individual address the strings?

They have to be set in dual normal mode, then each set if fifty is individually addressed,so six ID's for the three controllers. You can then run them on an enhanced network if using pixel editor to program the matrix.

SPaschall

That's how they are set up.  Each controller has two unit IDs.  Is there a way to set the previewer so it knows that the second physical string starts on the third row 6th pixel? When I get home I can take a screen shot of my preview settings.

20 minutes ago, Morendo1975 said:

That's how they are set up.  Each controller has two unit IDs.  Is there a way to set the previewer so it knows that the second physical string starts on the third row 6th pixel? When I get home I can take a screen shot of my preview settings.

That will work, You may have to create a custom Matrix so it will display properly.

SPaschall

Okay, so I've started using the custom feature, but I'm unclear how you tell it to move to the next control. So my first controller first string is unit 4 channels 1-50.  The next string should be unit 5 1-50(51-100).  How do I get it to recognize that unit 5 starts in C10?

Thanks

Custom Matrix.png

Hi I just created your matrix  in the pixel editor  ,the way to do it takes some time but it works   select new prop  rgb pixels  lines unconnected segment 1 pixels 15 starting location bottom   lor unit ID 1 start channel 1 end channel 45   save,   start new prop again  everything the same except unit ID 1 Start channel 46  end 90  save , start new prop   everything the same unit ID 1 start channel 91 end 135 save  start new prop only this time select pixels 5  unit ID 1 start channel 136 end 150 save  now you should have 3 vertical lines of 15 pixels and 1 line of 5 pixels position next to each other  the bottoms should all be even  . start new prop rgb pixels lines unconnected segment 1 pixels 10 unit ID 2 start channel 1 end 30 save ,  position this line on top of the last short one now all top and bottoms should line up make 2 more lines of 15 pixels and one short one of 10 pixels now stat new again unit ID 3 start channel 1 repeat till you have as many lines as needed   when you have all the lines in preview should look like the matrix you want.    now you have to create a group in the pixel editor of all 20 lines name it what you want  ( matrix)  now you should have your group  (matrix) in the effects generator click on it and your ready to go ,I did the whole setup in my pixel editor so I know it works  good luck Dennis   also alternate where string starts 1st string bottom 2nd string top 3rd string bottom  4th string top makes it easier to build

Edited by Dennis Laff