Light-O-Rama Forums

Groups and their Arrangement

SPaschall

I am having issues with how props are affected by groups and certain effects. I have a group that of stars that are nested, When I created the prop it is 3 separate stars, 20,30,40 nodes nested together. I created a group with all four stars in the group, when I apply the lineshorizontal to create a exploding effect they don't create the effect I want, they move from one side to another. I have to create the effect in each star individually to get the effect I wish to achieve,which really negates the reason for creating a group. There needs to be a way to put grouped things together in another group so they will work together for effects like this.If I am missing something please let me know, I am having to create alot of separate groups that are taking up a lot of real estate in the grid. 

SPaschall

I'm not sure I understand your setup. It sounds like you've got 4 sets of 3 nested stars? If so, I recommend that each set of 3 be a group. Within each group would be 3 props with a predefined shape of "star". The arrangement setting for the group should be "nested". To apply the same effect to all 4 sets, you would need to copy the effect to all 4 groups. With this setup, lineshorizontal should produce an exploding effect.

Matt

11 hours ago, MattBrown said:

I'm not sure I understand your setup. It sounds like you've got 4 sets of 3 nested stars? If so, I recommend that each set of 3 be a group. Within each group would be 3 props with a predefined shape of "star". The arrangement setting for the group should be "nested". To apply the same effect to all 4 sets, you would need to copy the effect to all 4 groups. With this setup, lineshorizontal should produce an exploding effect.

Matt

That's what I have, I would like the ability to put those groups together as one group so I can give one command against having to copy/paste the rest of the commands.

SPaschall