Light-O-Rama Forums

CF 50 D floodlight question

Ralph D

I purchased three floodlights just going through the basics of setting them up installing the up-to-date firmware everything worked out perfect.  When I connect the first one hit refresh on my hardware config it shows up immediately, when I hook up the second one daisychain from the first one and hit refresh it sees it immediately and chose to controllers found but when I connect the third floodlight and hit refresh it never sees the third floodlight, again individually they all work fine, when I connect to together they work fine but when I connect back to back three of them it doesn't see one of them is there something I'm missing I've even gone as far as to try all brand-new cat five cables I've tried switching the order of floodlights I've tried is much as I know.  Is it that I cannot connect three lights back the back.  Or am I using the wrong settings in the hardware config should I be using the light controller, I don't know does anyone have any advice or the answers for me thanks so much

Hook up one at a time to verify working correctly. And as P said, most likely need to change id #. I prefer to do that function one at a time, just to be sure I don't screw it up....

• 1 month later...

hi everyone sorry this took such a long timefor me to get back to this, I'm just having one dozy of the year and trying to do my best, I'm sure all of us at one point or another of these issues so I things will calm down eventually and I'll be able to get back into things again, what I was asking probably is very simple but I've forgotten how to I like to take the four floodlights I have put them in my visualizer  I already did a  test with one of the floodlights outside and all I can say is holy crap oor holy Christmas  they are bright.,  And exactly what I want.   The problem is I don't remember how to put them in the visualizer or set them up so I can just go ahead and do some basic programming  for this year  and then get highly intense into in January.   So could and would anybody mind taking a little time  which I know  right now everybody's going crazy getting ready  but if you could spare it if you could spare the time  to help me out I would highly appreciate it like I've already tested them they work great now I just want to put them into my visualizer not sure how to at all and I just don't want to fumble around like crazy  wasting  hours I don't have right now.  I definitely would not be looking for anybody to sequence anything I like to do it on my own and learn as I go but right now being crunched for the time I am I would definitely be highly grateful to have somebody show me how I just get them in the my visualizer: quote into my show. eeven if anybody would like to take a half an hour or whatever time it takes I would be very  happy to give everyone my cell phone number  which would be 201-410-7611, I'm sure this couldn't be too hard this would be my one small upgrade this year I had  delusions of grandeur  and last year and the year before when out and bought enough  pixel lights to redo my entire house  forefoot many trees and  Dave's candy cane arches and Ron Boyd and I went crazy  or should I say I went crazy and he just super nicely helped me put this all together and I made six or 7 many sstarbursts on yet to use.   Quite frankly I think your buddy here knows I've been through  some pretty horrible health issues the last two years between my  spine fusion from C1 to C8  my wife's health and some minor things, things have just gone a lot slower than I expected and work has quadrupled  more than I expected.  So with all that happening I am finding it very hard to find time to put this all together but I will not give up  my Christmas light show will happen maybe just not  to the degree in only does this year.  So  this rambling description is simple I'm looking for somebody to help me put this in my visualizer so I can have some fun and at least use the flood lights this year which I was really hoping to do.  I would make myself available any time somebody would be available if you do wish and help.  So that's it everybody thank EU everyone for listening to me palaver

Hi everyone,,

after reading over my statement last night I was pretty tired been working like crazy  hence the reason  I'm very behind the season.   But I only seen the poll it off somehow.   This year I have a lot of purchase things that I'm just not having  literally because of my lack of time, bbut next year  it will be a totally different story. 

So to answer the two replies I did figure out  how to test all for of my 50 W floods they are awesome. I'm just looking for some help  on how to put it in the visualizer so I can start adding them to  some of my  songs from last year that I'll be using this year   so I'm hoping someone  would be kind enough  to show me the steps I'm sure it would not take long I'm just drawing a huge blank when it comes to  doing this.   Thank you to everyone I hope hearing from somebody soon, 

Ralph,

You can do it.

Create a flood light fixture in Visualizer by clicking the icon "DRAW FLOOD LIGHTS". Just click it and it will insert a flood. After assigning the channels, you can reposition ect like other VI props.  Change the channel type to RGB on the fixture properties.  Assign the correct 3 channels RGB. The visualizer doesn't support the strobe functions yet. But you can still program them in SE. The vis files will just show when the flood is on from whatever color is selected, won't show what is in 4 or 5. You do set up channels 4 & 5 in SE, but not in VI as again - not supported there.

Channels 1, 2, & 3, the RGB channels, are just that - programming the RGB colors. You can also use the effects at the same time as the colors. Say, a shimmering red or a twinkling blue, etc. VI does show it when playing song.

Channel 4 will change the amount of "on" time while in strobe mode. Factory set at varying time 8.33ms to 83.3ms, I can't see messing with it for a LOR show. Now, if in a lighting world set, someone in the trade may get off on programming it.. I leave it as a blank channel.

Channel 5 is strobe "off" time which varies 2 seconds to 8.33ms. This channel has some uses. Program your floodlight RGB color channels to accent your show in your own personal taste, just like any other prop. But, for some popping accent, copy your strobe light channel into channel 5 of this strobe. Now whatever color you had is still that color, but it strobes with your other yard/tree strobes. Any color strobe light at anytime....

Good luck,

Daniel

Hey everyone I so wish i had the time I once had to just do this every morning and night after dinner, god this is so much fun. so i want to thank Daniel and you all for the input and help these RGB's floods are huge and super bright so bright im not ever sure other then the huge tree on the left side of my house for one where the heck i am going to put the other two with out totaly washing out all of my light show if. If anyone might be kind enough and take a look at my house and display mybe some one might be able to give me some ides. i would really need to dimm them to start off with, then i do have a small say 5 foot section between the second and third sets of windows but the third i have no ides my dormers windows are killing the uplighting. 

lastly I made my fixture and prop. surprised i after 3 hours i remembered and it felt so good. anyway so for rgb floods i would have thought what your shining on my tree i would like it to show which color im making is there a way to do this? i mean it does give you the three sliders 

• The topic was locked