Light-O-Rama Forums

New LOR Pixel Trees and LOR software

jstomasi

Wondering when / if LOR is going to release a software update with compatability / simple integration for the new ready to go products they just released.  

There is currently limited documentation available on the site.  Might be nice to actually have working pictures / examples / videos of these new products, like other companies do.

Example: Pixel tree (16 x 25pix kit)

I ordered one of the new pixel trees and am curious if LOR is going to provide the ability in their software to drag and drop one of these new props where all you have to do is provide the controller id and it will be configure properly for a visualization and or a LOR sequence?

It might be cool if they just make a location on the site where you can download the props for import, where you only have to configure the id for the unit...

Thoughts???

All you need to do in visualizer is use the tree wizard. You can make the 25 x 16 tree in a minute or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback!  I understand how to do those things and have done them already.  What I was really getting to, when you add props and setup channels the controllers just release like the pixie8 are not yet listed.  Furthermore, it would be create if you buy a preconfigured kit like this from LOR if their software has these items available to drag and drop into your viz, or other software so it is even easier to get going.  This is more for newbs and people trying to get their feet wet with LOR.

That said, LOR is still missing vital information regarding the newly released items.  Example: What is the lighted length of pixel (50) strands.  What is the spacing of the pixels.  Is there a simple way to attach a start or other topper to a pixel tree kit, etc...  I have been purchasing from LOR for years now, just looking for them to provide a bit more valuable info.  When people purchase something or about to purchase something, this information helps them to better make a decision and get started on programming before their hardware is delivered.

You can also program this easily with the Pixel Editor

SPaschall

Yup, I just prefer to build my preview in the visualizer and import it into the pice editor.

Thanks for the feedback!  I understand how to do those things and have done them already.  What I was really getting to, when you add props and setup channels the controllers just release like the pixie8 are not yet listed.  Furthermore, it would be create if you buy a preconfigured kit like this from LOR if their software has these items available to drag and drop into your viz, or other software so it is even easier to get going.  This is more for newbs and people trying to get their feet wet with LOR.

That said, LOR is still missing vital information regarding the newly released items.  Example: What is the lighted length of pixel (50) strands.  What is the spacing of the pixels.  Is there a simple way to attach a start or other topper to a pixel tree kit, etc...  I have been purchasing from LOR for years now, just looking for them to provide a bit more valuable info.  When people purchase something or about to purchase something, this information helps them to better make a decision and get started on programming before their hardware is delivered.

The thing is you might not see the pixie8 listed. It's far easier to just add the universes needed and that would only be needed if you planned on programming in the Sequence editor:

19 hours ago, 1983ss454 said:

Yup, I just prefer to build my preview in the visualizer and import it into the pice editor.

Props like a Pixel Tree can easily be set up in the Pixel Editor actually it is easier than SE, unless you plan to do your sequencing in SE. 

SPaschall