Light-O-Rama Forums

still trying

philw

LOL. This is the 6th thread you have started over similar issues...

Please just reply to an existing thread.

I have been trying to help you since your first thread. I also live in a country that has 240v mains electricity, and I have had the same problems as you, but you seem to be ignoring my information.

To give you the best information, we need to know what lights you have.

Do you have any lights with transformers?

Do you have any lights which plug directly into the wall and run on mains voltage (Like rope light) and do these have a multi-function controller?

Hi..Sorry and thanks for all your help, i am just trying to make sure i get it right!!

I have bought a lot of Dumb RGB lights strips, thats why i am going CMB24D (think thats right board for these lights they have 4 wires)

I have some motifs, xmas trees, santas etc made from rope lights that are 240v with no functions (planning on these plugging into CTP16-PC)

I have a lot of LED strings lights input 240v output 31v which plug directly into the main power but the plus is a multi function transformer plug. i can change these adaptor plugs to non mulit function (planning on these onto CMB24D)

Does this seem all ok.

One more question when i get sequence for the Dumb RGB strips will one strip be 3 channels of sequences so 8 strips on 1 CMB24D board needs 24 channels of sequencing (8 strips 3 colors per strip)

Thank You again for your help

Phil

19 hours ago, philw said:

One more question when i get sequence for the Dumb RGB strips will one strip be 3 channels of sequences so 8 strips on 1 CMB24D board needs 24 channels of sequencing (8 strips 3 colors per strip)

Yes. Each strip is three channels, but they are grouped into an RGB channel so only appear as one. You can use tools to pick any colour and apply it to the RGB channel, and it will set the correct levels for the individual channels.

The CMB24D's maximum voltage is 30 volts. It will probably be fine a bit above, but I wouldn't risk it. I would use the CMB16QC, which is similar, but works up to 60 volts and only has 60 channels.

I use this power supply for my lights which were originally 31v. The power supply has a voltage adjust dial. To get the best out your lights 29v is best. The multi-function controllers vary in voltage, and are rarely actually 31v.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/120W-30V-4A-Regulated-Switching-Power-Supply-For-LED-Light-Surveillance-Camera-AC-To-DC-LED/32300544879.html

2 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

I would use the CMB16QC, which is similar, but works up to 60 volts and only has 60 channels.

Check your maths there. :) 

Hi 

so the CMD24D will only take 30v, so it can take 8 rgb dumb led strips but the specs are:

Color RGB
LED Quantity 300leds / 5M
Protection Waterproof / Non Waterpro
View angle 120°
Working input Voltage 12VDC , ≥6A
Working power 72W/5M
Working Current / M 0.35-1.2A
Working Temperature -20 to 50°C

so that makes 8 x 12v (96v) so that is to much to go on board? can you get lower voltage rgb srtips?

or does it mean max of 30v per rgb strip connected ??

Phil

Edited by philw

Hi All

First thanks for all your help

I jumped in the LOR party !!

I now have purchased 2 x CTB16-PC and 2 x CMB24-D

i have 20 x 240v strings and 240v motifs for my CTB16-PC, then 4 x floodlights and 12 dumb RGB led strip lights for my CMB24-D

i have planned where my lights go, i thought that would be the hard part....but now the sequencing...where do i start..i have a few 32 channel sequences.

i have had a play with the sequencing software, at the moment i have 32 channels set up for 2 controllers i am thinking these are for 2 CTB16-PC boxes, what is the best way to add the 2 CMB24-D boards into the sequences.

i can see i have unit 1 channels 1-16 unit 2 channels 1-16. Question is do i just add another controller (device type light o rama) but is that 8 channels or 24 channels (because 8 rgb strips but 3 colors??) and i then try and match each channel to the music.

Thanks in advance

You don't add up voltage, you add up current.

The input to whichever controller you use for your strips, will need to be the same as the voltage for your strips.

16 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Check your maths there. :) 

You got me back. :P

I meant 16 channels not 60.

• The topic was locked