Light-O-Rama Forums

Manual Universe Entry In Prop Definition

dragonzpneuma

I have created a custom prop in PE that is a mega tree with 2858 pixels.  This is a twig tree so it is not your standard mega tree layout.  Each pixel is properly placed to match the actual tree (See Attachment).  I want to be able to manually set up the universes to match my controller setup but find that the prop definition feature keeps setting everything automatically.  This will not work for my setup because the universes will have a varying number of pixels.  There are 38 levels of twigs on this tree and most of the layout will have one level being one universe.  I know I can make 38 different props and group them to accomplish what I want, but that seems like a drastic method.  I have added a screen shot and as you can see, it only sets 3 lines, so I can't add individual universes and set the correct start channel for my layout.  I have no idea how to add more input lines, or if it can even be done.  I can't change the max channel because the max channel will vary for each universe. Hopefully I've explained my problem well enough to be understood.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Keith

ScreenHunter_34 Aug. 12 18.06.jpg

ScreenHunter_33 Jul. 05 18.07.jpg

The tree will be controlled with an F16-V2R with expansion board.  The attached spreadsheet should give you an idea of the universe layout.

ScreenHunter_35 Aug. 12 19.07.jpg

I tried to do it many ways I believe the only way to do it in the pixel editor would be to draw 267 lines (twigs) one at a time ,.However I don't know how you plan to place them on the real tree?

• Like 1

Well, I guess I will close this thread since no one has offered a solution to my problem.  I went ahead and broke the tree down into separate props for each universe and then grouped them together.  Works great, but it took me several days to do it.  Hopefully LOR will add a manual input option for the universes in the prop definition soon.

Keith

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

So what shape did you use for each prop, and what arrangement setting did you use for the group?

I maintained the original shape and mapping (see attachment).  Just broke it down into levels, each level being a prop with one universe. 

ScreenHunter_38 Aug. 21 09.05.jpg

I then grouped the levels back together into the original tree shape using the vertical stack.  The final result was 26 separate universes.  The actual tree has 38 levels but the uppermost props have 2 or more levels in the prop to create a more full universe.  It does work well, but would have been much, much easier if there were a way to alter the universe layout of the full tree manually in the prop definition.  Thanks for your time Matt!!!

Keith

Edited by dragonzpneuma

You can do what you want with the custom grid. In the custom grid, use numbers 1-170 for the first universe, 1001-1170 for the second universe, 2001-2170 for the third universe and so on. I have attached a simple example.

Matt

Custom Multi-Universe Prop Def.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

You can do what you want with the custom grid. In the custom grid, use numbers 1-170 for the first universe, 1001-1170 for the second universe, 2001-2170 for the third universe and so on. I have attached a simple example.

Matt

Custom Multi-Universe Prop Def.png

I think I understand what you're saying here Matt.  Basically I can start a new universe by restarting at the next thousand.  My next question is what if I want to go more than 10 universes?  What comes after 9000?  This custom tree contains 26 universes.  Would I have to make 3 separate props??  Thanks again for your time!!!

Keith

2 hours ago, MattBrown said:

You can continue with 10001, 11001, etc. It can all go in one prop.

Many thanks Matt.  Since I have already created the 26 props and grouped them, I'll just use them that way, but your info will be very helpful with future projects.  As you can see, I tend to push things to the limit LOL.  Take care, and thanks again.

Keith