Light-O-Rama Forums

setting up pixel matrix

mbourassa

Hello, I am trying to make a matrix panel with 441 pixels. (21 x 21). They run horizontally from bottom left. I cant seem to figure out how to get this to work. I am using a alpha pix 16 and want to use 2 outputs from it. I am trying to have the first 200 pixels to 1 output and remaining 241 to the other output. Using pre-made prop ( matrix horizontal) i would have to give exact number of bulbs in which they are not exact. so if I said 5 strings of 100 i would be left with 59 extra bulbs not used in prop. which would not look right with pics and text. My other option i tried is a custom prop. When i did this, it would only give me 1 universe with everything else as a carry over. i set this up trying 1-441. and also 1-200 then started at 1 again to 241. both ways still only one universe with carryover. Also my controllers output goes to 510 before it will start a new universe. I cant have it recognize 100 pixels as one universe and another 100 as another universe in same output. No matter what i try, i cant figure it out. I had same matrix set up with 290 pixels and set it as 3 strings of 100 and on 1 output and it set up fine but with only 10 pixels not showing. Controller saw it as 170 for one universe and started new universe for remaining 120 pixels. Please help!!!!

Hi   if your trying to make the matrix prop in the pixel editor   one of the ways is to set it up in pixel editor would be to go to new prop   select Matrix-Horizontal   number of strings  3   exact # of rgb nodes  147  # folds per string 6   dmx   separate universe #for each string 

Edited by Dennis Laff

this is one of the problems i am having. my controller will only see second universe on same output when i reach 510 channels. So I would need a setup where universe reaches 170 pixels.I also cannot exceed 2 universes per output which i don't think will be a problem. Can I use a configuration where it uses a carryover? Will carryovers be accounted for in final prop? if so I might be able to do 7 strings of lights with 63 bulbs and maybe a 3 fold or set up zig zag in controller and set to individual start channels. that will give me my 510 for first 3 strings but with a carryover. thanks for your help.

In pixel editor i will be using 7 outputs. which i am fine with. when i am talking about outputs, that is  outputs on controller. i can only use 2 outputs. so i was thinking string #1,2, and 3 will give me one full universe with carryover of 57 which will make me end at universe 2 with 57 channels used. this will all go in 1 output on controller. then in my controller i will set output 2 to start at universe 2 channel 58. and from there use string 4,5,6, and 7 which it will end on universe 3 channel 303. this all will go in output 2 of controller. is this not due-able? thanks!

Do you understand when you connect a string to an output its one string not three its one long string up to 340 pixels

Yes. i will be connecting strings 1,2 and 3 end to end for one controller output. And 4,5,6, and 7 all together end to end for second controller output. with power injection.

So in your controller zig  zag every 21 pixels  in pixel editor you will have to set it up as I said but check separate address for each string  you should be good to go