Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling CMB24D via DPro Lighting control

Steve0296

I'm an amateur DJ and am trying to control my 8 RGB floods connected to a light o rama CMB24D controller.  

However I prefer to use D-Pro lighting control (rather than Light o rama software) since it provides greater flexibility in creating pallets of colors/effects on my various DMX lights  which I can select in real time as needed and therefore not restricted to the rather inflexible LOR software which requires I program effects per audio file and then there's no flexibility when running a show.   I'm using an ENTTEC DMX USB PRO Mk 2 hardware to connect to my DMX universe and connecting via my iDMX1000  LOR-DMX bridge.  I've tried set the jumpers on the CMD24D to DMX rather than light o rama.  Ive also tried connecting via an ENTTEC ODE (Open DMX Ethernet).  No matter what I try I'm unable to control these floods.

Has anyone ever tried controlling the CMB24D via DPRo or any other DMX lighting control software and if so how did you manage it?

If your using the Enttec pro why are you using the  IDMX 1000 the Enttec is already giving you DMX 

I've tried using just the entec pro without the IDMX 1000 but I still can't see the CMB 24D in DMX mode.  I can see and operate all my other DMX lights and lasers but not the CMB 24D.  The DPro software does not have a corresponding light fixture that corresponds to the CMB 24D and I've tried creating 8 3ch RGBs, but that didn't work either.  Maybe there just isn't anything in the DPro library that comes close to what I need.

• The topic was locked