Light-O-Rama Forums

Never seen a xmas light kickstarter like this before...

oilmoney

4 hours ago, davejones_136 said:

Hello Every one. The kickstarter thing was done by my wife without me knowing. She said it was supposed to be a surprise.  Oh it was.  It has been removed. We have always done our light show for the community and have never charged anyone for anything. I have read all your comments and I know the sequences are not up to par for a lot of you.  I am still learning all this.  My Apologies to everyone who may have been offended by this.  All music that is used is bought and paid for. I thank everyone for their concerns.  I also wish to thank everyone who has shared any sequence with me.   Thank You All   Dave  Jones

Things happen. 

Very classy cleanup. 

4 hours ago, davejones_136 said:

Hello Every one. The kickstarter thing was done by my wife without me knowing. She said it was supposed to be a surprise.  Oh it was.  It has been removed. We have always done our light show for the community and have never charged anyone for anything. I have read all your comments and I know the sequences are not up to par for a lot of you.  I am still learning all this.  My Apologies to everyone who may have been offended by this.  All music that is used is bought and paid for. I thank everyone for their concerns.  I also wish to thank everyone who has shared any sequence with me.   Thank You All   Dave  Jones

My apologies for my rude comments.  I need to stay off the forums and not post at 1am after I've had a few too many beers.  Sorry if I offended you. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2016 at 9:10 PM, davejones_136 said:

All music that is used is bought and paid for.

By the way, unless you buy a licence to it, paying for the music doesn't mean you can play it publically and charge for it.

To buy the proper rights to it, you would need to contact the record label and it would cost hundreds or thousands.

A tip for sequencing:

Off is just as useful as on. When you have lights which don't really need to be on, turn them off instead of having them flash out of time or just static. Then, when you do turn them on it will create more of an impact. You can use darkness to build tension in certain parts of songs, then the chorus hits and everything comes on.

Also, sometimes don't use every single light in a song. People will keep watching because each song will be more different, and they want to see what is coming next.

On 7/23/2016 at 4:53 AM, pikadroo said:

Another pro tip would be to put your window lights up in straight lines so it doesn't look like an epileptic jack rabbit put them up. Like, I am sure you pay for all your song royalties right?

Drew

Those window frames started of straight. We had a lot of wind and by the end they looked like that.

No, I don't pay for all song rights, but the way that DaveyJones said it it was like he thought that buying the song meant he had the rights, which it doesn't. I was just reminding him.

I rip some music off of YouTube.

• The topic was locked