Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb RGB Power Supply Questions

scodavis

Hello,

I am looking for somebody that has experience with the 10W RGB floods and the 12-volt 200Watt Power Supply (PS-LED-12V-200W) that Light-O-Rama sells.  My questions are:

- Does each flood come with an extension cable, or is all 16 feet of included cable hard-wired in?

- According to the product page, the above-mentioned Power Supply can power up to 16 floods.  Does the power supply have two separate outputs (one for each CMB24D) or just one?  I guess I'm trying to figure out HOW one power supply would power two individual CMB24D units.

- Does anybody have experience mounting TWO of the CMB24D controller boards into a single enclosure and powering both with the above-mentioned power supply (which would be outside the box)?  If so, can you tell me how you did it and with which parts?

Thank you!

-Scott

Edited by scodavis
Additional Question

Scott

I use the 10 Watt Floods and the CMB24D

• Comes with 16′, four wire power cord power cord to attach to controller (use the CMB24D)
  • Comes with 18″ dangle on the light for connecting to the above power cord

The Power Supply does have two outputs.. but you could also just add the 16 lights to one card but would only have control over 8 outputs so you would be doubling up the lights per out put.  

I have not used the power supply to power two separate boards just  because I need to cover a range further than I could reach by having them come out of one box.

I have a CMB 24 and a CMB 16 in one CG 1500 enclosure with one 350 W ps.

The 16 is mounted in the lid and the 24 along with the ps is in the base.

It is doable but it's a bit tight and the dangles are messy but it works. 

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

Scott

I use the 10 Watt Floods and the CMB24D

• Comes with 16′, four wire power cord power cord to attach to controller (use the CMB24D)
  • Comes with 18″ dangle on the light for connecting to the above power cord

The Power Supply does have two outputs.. but you could also just add the 16 lights to one card but would only have control over 8 outputs so you would be doubling up the lights per out put.  

I have not used the power supply to power two separate boards just  because I need to cover a range further than I could reach by having them come out of one box.

exactly except I believe Grinch has this flipped. 18" dangle to the board and 16' power cord from the flood to the dangle

Sorry I cut and pasted from the manual on LOR site.

Thats for catching the error

Yes the dangle is 18" and connects to the board and the 16' cord connects to the flood light.

• The topic was locked