Light-O-Rama Forums

spliting one string into two props

Sizzler

Ok I had an extra universe on pixcon16 and spare 50 pixel set. so I made a quick 5 point star with 30 pixels on outside and 20 pixels on inside. I can only get all light to light  when I select outer star, and none light on inner. All my other sets I use whole string so didn't have to split a string,,, till now...lol . I know it must be something stupid i'm not seeing/thinking. How do I enter prop into in so I can split the string to a 30 pixel and 20 pixel. Ws2811's if matters? Thanks

Update... I tried on different set same, I tried on different universe and works??? When on univ.1 works when switch to univ16 it don't?? I have to try again on univ8,9 to see if its something with first 8 last 8? if works on them then i'll try univ 15, anyone know an easier way to maybe start new so I don't have to keep changing prop info on props that are already set? I had to take universe 1 from mega tree, now have to put it back. Can I start a fresh slate without having to reconfigure what I already have saved? if this makes any sense lol....I have to find out why it works correct on univer1 but not on16. Any thoughs?Thanks

Just create two stars with separate starting channels and put thie smaller star inside the bigger star

51 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Just create two stars with separate starting channels and put thie smaller star inside the bigger star

That's what I did and could only have all lights on when I select the outer, and none come on if I select inner. Funny thing also if I try and light just 1 pixel using SE i get 5 lighting up. so far this only happens when i use universe 16, i'm slowly trying it on 1 universe at a time to iron out if its only problem on universe 16 or more...

ok found problem, it was one of two things, I am leaning more toward the group part. when I set up the network on board I left universe 16 with 170 pixels and on group 2. all my other universes were set to 150 pixels, and group 1. after changing to 150 pixels and to group 1, the port16 now works correctly. At first I though was something with my prop setting, but when I tried on different universe it worked correctly as it should of in first place. Without me reading into the group thing anyone know what that does off hand?