Light-O-Rama Forums

50W RGB Floods - Visualizer/Fixture Properties

jamills706

Well - I have two 50W RGB Floodsd on order.......and am adding them to my Visualizer.

I am just a bit confused about the channels.

Do I program each channel (Red, Green & Blue) as its own Unit ID (i.e.: Flood 1 uses Unit IDs 29, 2A and 2B)?

If so, then where do I put in the Unit IDs for Channel 4 & 5 so that I can use the floods as strobes, too? The Fixture Properties window only has three channel lines for the Red, Green, and Blue.

I searched the forums and found several posts all skirting around this issue, but nothing really telling me the "how to".

Any help is greatly appreciated!

All five channels are the same unit ID, channels 1 - 5.

I don't know what you do with the strobe channels in Visualizer.

3 hours ago, jamills706 said:

Well - I have two 50W RGB Floodsd on order.......and am adding them to my Visualizer.

I am just a bit confused about the channels.

Do I program each channel (Red, Green & Blue) as its own Unit ID (i.e.: Flood 1 uses Unit IDs 29, 2A and 2B)?

If so, then where do I put in the Unit IDs for Channel 4 & 5 so that I can use the floods as strobes, too? The Fixture Properties window only has three channel lines for the Red, Green, and Blue.

I searched the forums and found several posts all skirting around this issue, but nothing really telling me the "how to".

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The visualizer doesn't support the strobe functions yet. But you still program them. The vis files will just show when the flood is on from whatever color is selected. When you receive them, hook them up - you're gonna love them..

Check this thread out:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35387-50watt-rgb-vis-file-is-needed/&do=findComment&comment=326235

Then if you would like, I could send you a little something so you could see how I used them & sequence with them.

Send me your email address if you're interested.

Thanks for that info - BUT, I still don't get how to tell it the 3 channels for R, G, & B. 

Since it's all on one Unit ID - does that mean I set the Circ/Addr to 1, 2 & 3 to represent each channel in the Fixture Properties window?

Edited by jamills706

sample .lms file sent.

play around with it a little & it should make a little more sense..

I am unsure why LOR included the strobe channels. It seems to me like they just used someone else's controller board, which is designed for DMX. Many stage lights have extra channels, because it is much easier to have one fader that creates an effect than programming it into the lighting desk, especially when busking (Operating lights without actually knowing what is going to happen on stage/unscripted). You find this feature on some RGB DMX flood lights (Like the ones sold by Ray Wu) and almost 100% of the time on LED parcans, but these often have the option to turn it off, so you only get three channels, with dip switches or an LED display.

I don't know why we would need this, because all our stuff is programmed before and on/off can be timed perfectly using the SE. We have the shimmer function, and can just use on/off on a small grid size for more precise timing.

Also, LOR should have added this feature to the visualiser and Sequence Editor.

Has anyone opened up a 50 watt flood light?

12 minutes ago, EmmienLightFan said:

I am unsure why LOR included the strobe channels. It seems to me like they just used someone else's controller board, which is designed for DMX. Many stage lights have extra channels, because it is much easier to have one fader that creates an effect than programming it into the lighting desk, especially when busking (Operating lights without actually knowing what is going to happen on stage/unscripted). You find this feature on some RGB DMX flood lights (Like the ones sold by Ray Wu) and almost 100% of the time on LED parcans, but these often have the option to turn it off, so you only get three channels, with dip switches or an LED display.

I don't know why we would need this, because all our stuff is programmed before and on/off can be timed perfectly using the SE. We have the shimmer function, and can just use on/off on a small grid size for more precise timing.

Also, LOR should have added this feature to the visualiser and Sequence Editor.

Has anyone opened up a 50 watt flood light?

I personally love the strobe feature. I program the RGB channels like George taught in his basic RGB class. Then in certain areas of certain songs, I copy my C-9 Strobe channel sequence and paste onto channel 5. BAMM... The previously chosen colors are now strobing at just the right place. Easy peasy. 

Is that class you mention online to be viewed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The topic was locked