Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem With Control Pixels

Smellydwarf

I'm struggling with getting the pixel editor to properly take the preview displays and output them onto the props.

To be more specific I have a LOR pixcon16 device hooked up via E1.31 [static ip: 192.168.1.51] I tried to set 1 dmx universe per strip 150 pixels on each universe. We are trying to use a total of 11 universes for this display, but I set all 16 of them. Each universe is set to pull from the static ip that the pixcon16 is on. I do not have any other devices that are hooked up to the set up. I called Mike to validate that the setup was correct, he corrected a few things which allowed the hardware utility to speak via the pixel controller to the strips, which was able to test Red Green and Blue successfully on each strip. When I get into the pixel editor, however when I select the control pixels button it shows in the com listener that it sees this. However when I play anything in the previews I get no reactions on the lights themselves.

We also updated the firmware to ensure that it was not an issue, and loaded the pixcon16 utility, which sees the pixcon16, and displays the correct ip address.

We are using only E1.31 for this display, and most of the posts I've seen about fixing this type of issue, have to do with changing over to enhanced LOR.

I'm sure that I'm doing something stupid here, this is also my first post, hopefully I got this in the right place!

Thank you!!!

I'm not sure what your problem is the actual lights don't light or they don't display in the preview window

4 hours ago, Smellydwarf said:

I tried to set 1 dmx universe per strip 150 pixels on each universe.

If it's a CCR or a smart LED 2811 strip it's  50 (pixels) per strip NOT (150). They both have 150 (LEDs) per strip so that  every (3) LEDs is (1) pixel. You may have the pixel count wrong in your  (universe)  setup.

I had an issue when I upgraded to from basic to pro that the program showed pro. But it never actually unlocked the the com listener to output e131. Not sure if it's your issue but sounds like your setup is correct. So not sure where else to look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk