Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Power Supply

JMB72

I can't put all of mine inside. But the one's I can I do. Less chance of moisture or thievery. The cg1500 is moisture resistant only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my year round controllers are well secured.  Several are in a locked brick column in the front yard, one in a PVC electrical box, and one each in the attic and garage.  This protects them from both the weather and bad guys.  For the Christmas stuff, the three CCP controllers are attached to wooden stakes in the front yard well back from the street.  I also have camera coverage of the whole yard.

All my controllers, PS, and transmitter are in the garage - even the a/c controller. Mind you, I only use 2 channels of the a/c controller but this year I am adding more a/c props so it will be mounted outside up high. My CCPs are outside in front of God and everyone and they are the only thing I worry about (theft wise). This works for my display but if you are spread out, probably cant get away with it as easy.

I've got numerous power supplies both in 5V and 12V flavors. The only one I've had trouble with was LOR's 200W 12V supply when I stupidly overloaded it with all lights on full white and more than it could handle. It died. Per the description on it at the time, you can reset a circuit breaker in it however, its packed solid with a rubbery stuff for water protection, so you can't get to anything inside of it. They are good supplies just don't overload them.

A few failures with HolidayCoro PSU's myself.   I bit the bullet and replaced them all with Meanwells.  The second you see and feel a Meanwell you can tell the difference.  They weigh twice as much and you can tell its just a better quality product,   No power = no lights.  Don't skimp on one of the most important components of display.  I purchased the Meanwell RSP320-12 for close to $40.00 when purchasing 20+.  Not that much more in the large scheme of things depending on how many you need and much better warranty.  Lots of the Holidaycoro 12v psu's for sale if anyone interested :P

• The topic was locked