Light-O-Rama Forums

Setup

Dave Mendez

You're welcome Dave.

I myself have PLENTY to work on with a new layout for the THIRD TIME. (This will also be my third year doing this, and I still don't have a full playlist organized for Christmas yet.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lightingnewb said:

Wow... this post is gaining a little more attention than I thought it would. Radio stations (companies) don't charge people to listen to their station... but irrelevant. Anywho...

1. Buy your music, don't pirate it.
  2. Don't charge people for listening.

Seems pretty simple

just because someone sales something doesnt mean its legal for you to use if you buy it.... Look at all the illegal dope being sold..... that doesnt make it legal for you to use it even if you legally buy it in one state and use it in  a different one.

and no one will never convince me that YOU TUBE or all other places ALL HAVE LICENSE and  PURCHASE The Music Rights For EVERYTHING THEY PLAY OR SHOW on their web sites... after all if they are rebroadcasting it either threw their web site or radio etc arent they also guilty of pirating it and that ALL places with web sites that play or replay something someone else has made even if it is a sequense and they have not purchased the music and license for it.... has the right license to replay and broadcast those videos with the music they did not purchase on it.

It could go on and on and on about using unpurchased music and piracy but in reality.... WHO really cares..Only the recording company... and maybe the person who actually made the recording.... and if someone who works for them in the band etc. and not the so called leader of the band... do they all have to sign statements etc. giving their permission to others to use their part of the music to??? Why dont people stop trying to get so PICKY about the use of music here>>>   

and Don... I know people here in Los Angeles in the entertainment business and that work for a couple of the big stations here.... and NO THEY DO NOT ALL PURCHASE THE MUSIC AND LICENSE SPECIFICALLY FOR EVERYTHING THEY REBROADCAST>>> Much falls under the SO CALLED FREEDOM OF THE PRESS just like if you take any picture in public of public people is not against the law or their rights to privacy because they are already in public for public to see them.

There is NO exact specific clear law about using music for Christmas shows etc. because it has never been tested in court.

2 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

just because someone sales something doesnt mean its legal for you to use if you buy it.... Look at all the illegal dope being sold..... that doesnt make it legal for you to use it even if you legally buy it in one state and use it in  a different one.

and no one will never convince me that YOU TUBE or all other places ALL HAVE LICENSE and  PURCHASE The Music Rights For EVERYTHING THEY PLAY OR SHOW on their web sites... after all if they are rebroadcasting it either threw their web site or radio etc arent they also guilty of pirating it and that ALL places with web sites that play or replay something someone else has made even if it is a sequense and they have not purchased the music and license for it.... has the right license to replay and broadcast those videos with the music they did not purchase on it.

It could go on and on and on about using unpurchased music and piracy but in reality.... WHO really cares..Only the recording company... and maybe the person who actually made the recording.... and if someone who works for them in the band etc. and not the so called leader of the band... do they all have to sign statements etc. giving their permission to others to use their part of the music to??? Why dont people stop trying to get so PICKY about the use of music here>>>   

and Don... I know people here in Los Angeles in the entertainment business and that work for a couple of the big stations here.... and NO THEY DO NOT ALL PURCHASE THE MUSIC AND LICENSE SPECIFICALLY FOR EVERYTHING THEY REBROADCAST>>> Much falls under the SO CALLED FREEDOM OF THE PRESS just like if you take any picture in public of public people is not against the law or their rights to privacy because they are already in public for public to see them.

There is NO exact specific clear law about using music for Christmas shows etc. because it has never been tested in court.

Alright,

Let's calm down a bit. Like I said, the topic could go on. But it's a tangent from the original topic. I understand where you stand. I get your side. I just think... we need to be careful.

On 4/30/2016 at 10:13 PM, Old Sarge said:

and no one will never convince me that YOU TUBE or all other places ALL HAVE LICENSE and  PURCHASE The Music Rights For EVERYTHING THEY PLAY OR SHOW on their web sites...

YouTube don't need to.

Most of the music on YouTube is uploaded by the record company or artist who monetize it and earn money from advertisements shows alongside.

Videos with copyrighted material uploaded by someone else (Say, someone uploading a video of their light show with music), the copyright owner can choose to either block the video, or make it so they earn money from every click.