Light-O-Rama Forums

Separate box for CMB24D Controller?

dchristian19

To my fellow musical lights fanatics,

I'm thinking of making use of the Mad Grab Sale by purchasing the 10W RGB Flood 8 Pack which comes with the CMB24D controller. I know I will have to purchase a separate 12VDC power supply for it. However, do I need to purchase a separate empty box for this controller? Or does it already come with one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes you do. HolidayCoro sells a nice package that includes a cg-1500 (box), a 350 watt power supply and a template to mount everything in the box. I think it was about $58.

I've found it quite convenient to use weather/water-proof power supplies.  Yes, they cost a bit more.  But there's enough selection in the marketplace so you can match up the output of the PS to your needs, and that saves a few greenbacks.  

Plus, a weatherproof PS allows you to save size and weight by using a smaller enclosure for just the board itself.  You can use a CG-1000 or CG-2000 instead of the behemoth 1500. 

Two of mine are were 8x8x4 PVC electrical boxes.  One got removed from service when those lights became pixels instead.  The other two are in one of the brick columns in the front yard.  All of those are year round installations.  Photos about half way down the page:

http://newburghlights.org/Landscaping.html

• The topic was locked