Light-O-Rama Forums

Pausing a Show

scodavis

There are a couple instances where I would like the ability to pause a show, and then have it resume where it left off:

- When doing a testing night, so I can take notes or use the restroom (also if I do a family/friend showing in November before my show officially starts on the day after Thanksgiving).
- If I have a person who doesn't know how to follow parking or observing directions, I'd like to pause the show until the problem is resolved.

From what I can tell, the LOR control panel only allows the ability to stop the show (either gracefully or not), but always re-starts the show at the first track.

Ideally, a "Pause Show" function would have two sub-options - Pause Immediately, or Pause After Current Sequence Finishes.

Or perhaps I'm just missing something here - does this feature exist?

-Scott

There are a few things which I think are missing from the show player.

Pausing a show, being able to force a certain sequence to play after the current one finishes, and stopping a show but letting the whole playlist finish.

Because of this I will be trying FPP for Halloween, to see if it is any good.

I hope a LOR software developer weighs in on this - if enough people request these features, maybe they will add these features in.

Edited by scodavis
Reword

Send your request to wishlist@lightorama.com

This is how they've tracked software requests for many years.

In the meantime, I will likely just create 10 versions of my show program - one for each song as a starting point.  When I pause after a song, I simply play using the one starting with the next song.  Kind of a pain but not particularly difficult to do.  But I have sent the E-Mail to LOR itself.

I do that - not for during the show, but for testing.  It makes it very easy to run a "Show on Demand" for a minute or two in the future.  That gives me time to walk out to the front yard and be waiting for the start of the "Show on Demand".  Only catch in my case is that my evening landscape show is a musical (although the music is four minutes of silence), so the SoD has to wait for the current sequence to end, so it might be a couple extra minutes.