Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing Movie Effect

Little_b

Matt- or anyone else know if you can edit the "Movie" effect?  I'm trying to do 2 things

1- My movie file starts sooner than the music so I need to cut about 1.7 sec off the beginning of the movie, but when I cut it and shift it over the movie still starts from the beginning.  I did manage to edit the movie in another program and re-convert it back into .avi, but I was hoping for an easier way than to have to continue to edit in another program.

2- I want to insert photos and other effects in the middle of the Movie file and still have the movie playing in the correct time.

I have tried having "Full Length" clicked on and off.  I can cut out part of the movie in the middle, add the other effects I want and the movie picks up perfect as far as timing.  The problem I'm having is that when I do this the entire first part of the movie, up to the edited part, won't play back in the preview window.  I don't have any lights hooked up at this time so I don't know if it will still be playing on the lights themselves.

I've tried turning off the "Movie" effect in the middle and inserting other effects in that gap as well as highlighting the time I want to edit and adding to the Right side of the effect generator and over lapping, but the "Movie" effect still won't play back until after the new edits in the timeline.  I hope this makes sense.  And thanks in advance.

Ok an update.  For problem #2 above- if I close PE and reopen, it will play just fine.  I don't know if this is a "bug" issue or if it's just something I'll have to do each time.

Still wondering about issue #1.

I'm using version 4.3.2 currently

Edited by Little_b