Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches and placement of the controllers

IGOR

I just did my first programming for my new set of 4 arches. I had plan on putting the two controllers one at the end of arch 2 and at the beginning of arch 3. This was to keep the Cat 5 cable short. My only options are both at the beginning or both at the end of the CCR ribbon. Is there a fix for this? or am I stuck doing it that way. Larry

I too am adding 4 arches this year. I am putting the two controllers together in a plastic enclosure with one controller feeding arch 1 & arch 2 (input to arch 2) and the other controller feeding arch 3 & arch 4 (input to arch 3). I am doing this to keep all components in the same enclosure and to keep pigtail length as short as I can, need only one power cord to feed controllers, not to shorten the Cat 5 cable.

Why do you have a concern doing this? You state your only options are both at the beginning or both at the end of the CCR ribbon. My setup works fine.

I have six arches using 50 CCP pixels in each arch.  The three controllers are between arches 1&2, 3&4, and 5&6.  Each controller is mounted on a pair of wooden stakes and covered with a plastic trash bag.  Photos are at:  http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

• Like 1

No reason not to have both controllers together (between 2 & 3   just have the CCR's for 3 and .4 in reverse order (that way the first pixel is always on the left or right).   Much easier to program this way and keeps power and cable to a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

Jerrymac

That's exactly what I want to do. How do you just reverse where the controller starts on just one controller. It looks like you have to program all controllers to be on the left or on the right. not just one of them?

Thought CCR's had the ability in the config to reverse order,  checked manual and it appears they do not ? many other controllers have this in the setup.

You can still accomplish this by dragging and dropping the pixels into reverse order on the screen for the 1st ribbon  (pixel 50 and the top of the screen and 1 at the bottom of the screen for the first ribbon.  the second ribbon would be in normal (pixel 1 to pixel 50). macro channels still at the end if you are using them. Save the configuration for later use.  

This way when you do a chase from one to the other you can just drag down on the screen and it will go from the first and continue to the second even though one of the ribbons is actually backwards (First ribbon is backwards 2nd is in normal order with the controllers in between both ribbons.

Edited by jerrymac

I don't have any CCRs, but you can reverse CCPs and CCBs using the hardware utility.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got a reply from LOR and they said that the CCR's can not be reversed in the hardware utility. Only the CCP's and CCB's can. That blows all my plans.  I wanted my controllers at the bottom of my Mega Tree not at the top. and 2 controllers side by side in the arches.  If I continue with what I want, I have to change all my programing for every thing that I have. What a bummer !!!  Moving the controller on the Arches is not too bad, but putting 20ft extensions on the CCR's might be a problem. I will have to experiment with Cat5 cable and flat 4 conductor cables to see what will work to keep controllers at base of the Mega Tree.  I just may have to mount the controllers on the roof some how.

If you haven't sequenced them yet just reverse the order on the screen (drag and drop) for the one that is reversed, save  the  configuration and reload the other sequences with the new configuration.  If you have sequenced they then you would have to move the channels manually on each sequence.

How far apart are your CCR's at the base of the Mega Tree? I have a 12 CCR tree and all the controllers are in a tote. I was able to have the base 12' wide and not use extentions.

• The topic was locked