Light-O-Rama Forums

channels 1-8 not working with the hardware utility

terryj529

I have the CTB-16PC kit , board pre assembled, I installed the power and output supply cords. I am using 1 power supply cord, not 2. The jumpers are correct for 1 supply. Using the hardware utility, channels 1-8 don't work but channels 9-16 work fine. When running a sequence, no channels work, the LED stays on though. Control Lights is checked and the correct com port is selected in the Network Settings. I have checked the fuses, they seem to be working fine.
What am I missing here?

thanks for your help

When channels 1-8 don't work, then the jumpers for 1 power cord are not correct (you need two); or the jumpers are bad; or the fuse for channels 1-8 is bad; or there is a bad solder joint where the power is connected to the left side of the board. The best way to diagnose this problem is to plug it in and (carefully!) use a voltmeter to find out where the power isn't.

If the sequence doesn't control the lights, then something else may be controlling the interface (like "Enable Shows" is on or the hardware utility is running), but the more likely cause is that the channels are not configured correctly in the sequence you're playing.

The jumpers are both there, not sure if one is bad or not, swapped them and still no luck.

I swapped the fuses also, no luck with that either, still only channels 9 -16 working so I would assume the fuses are ok.

I can't find my voltmeter, its somewhere in the garage but not sure where, haven't used it for some time.

I had the hardware utility running, thought it was off but it was just minimized.

• 2 months later...

I have had this problem - twice now...

last year I sent the board back for repair, turned out one of the ICs was bad

This year I'm, going to diagnose the new pc board that failed - not a kit - before i send it back

Chris